I will man up and admit I'm wrong.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shanvhere, Nov 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

What I seen today, and what I seen that last 3 weeks, and what that #10 is doing, just astounds me. I am...wait... was a Vince hater up and down, heck I got banned on the old forums for bashing him bad. But like Jeff said, this is a different #10, what Vince did today Kerry could not, would not do. I love Vince again, 10-6 BABY GO TITANS!!!!!!!

• High Five High Five x 16
  2. buddync1

buddync1 Camp Fodder

There were so many times tonight on 3rd down that if Kerry was in there he throws the ball away and we have to punt. Thank you Vince for giving us hope for the remaining games.

3. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

Vince is quiet far from perfect.

No one is asking for you not to criticize when its due.....just give the love when its due and deserved. Vince got crap done tonight...that's for sure. They closed CJ down pretty good and left Vince open at times and paid the price often.

With that said he was passing both in and out of pocket pretty good today and seriously impressed me. And he did that WHILE still being the run threat we know him to be.

In fact at some points I thought CJ was getting too many carries and wanted them to let him keep passing. This game should have given him some mucho confidence that I hope we get to see more of.

That one fumble made me hit the floor, though....ouch :(

4. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

grain of salt....you'll be ragging on the dude again if he has a few bad games..

5. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

I may or may not, but as long he is playing like he iis now, I love him

6. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

At least your man enough to give the guy some credit.

IMO. I think Vince was a young man that always had it easy. Probably was a star in HS..he was a star in college..and he probably never truly had to EARN anything. His god given ability usually handled that for him. Then he faces a situation where that just isnt good enough and he doesnt know how to deal with that. His lack of maturity reared its ugly head. But you know..sometimes we all have to stop and eat some humble pie..even us regular "joes n janes". I think time sitting on the sidelines humbled him a lot..and it gave him the opportunity to re-evaluate what was in front of him.

Vince doesnt lack anything that with hard work can be improved upon. Is he the perfect pocket passer? No..and he probably never will be. But you know..if anyone without hate colored glasses on..can see that he has improved GREATLY in that department. That deep pass to Nate..was money ! And it was on the run. The pass to Britt for the TD..and even when he ran he ran as a QB looking to throw the football 1st. Which I think is very important.

He can be a true weapon in this league..but its all up to him. But I honestly think he's a lot more humble. And hes a better man, player for it

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Lord_Drist

Lord_Drist Camp Fodder

Come on into the light, you are welcome

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Today is the first time I got to watch him play since his return, and I must say I'm impressed with his maturity. On top of that, he's really starting to look like McNair... right down to the pre-snap mannerisms. It was really eerie to watch. He was actually comprehensible during his post-game interview. He's beginning to show more of the potential that his fans thought he had.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

The same people who love him now, will hate him once he has a bad game or two. Or three, or four.

Kerry Collins was first KFC (old time posters will remember), then they loved him, then those same folks called for his head.

It's all relative. He looks good lately. Real good.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. pettso

pettso Starter

It's how every player is...

Do you think Browns fans still love Jamal Lewis? I bet Panthers fans were crazy about Delhomme when they were on a run last year too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar