I will man up and admit I'm wrong.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shanvhere, Nov 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Im not so ready to ease up on jaws..but Steve Young certainly acknowledged the improvement in Vince. I agree Vince will ALWAYS use his legs..as he should. The knock when he first came into the league was that he relied on that solely. But if you look at last nights game (and Steve pointed this out..as well as Trent Dilfer) he used his legs when he HAD to...and even when he ran he kept his eyes down field as he continued to look to throw the ball 1st. When he was in the pocket..he looked through all his reads..before making a throw. Definitely signs of improvement that im glad guys like Steve, Trent were able to acknowledge

As for Merill ! ICAM !! The sounds exactly like something he would do. Pathetically sad

2. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

Great post ! Nate Washington is a supreme disappointment for me thus far, Yeah, he's caught a few TD's, but in general the guy has dropped many more easy catches than he has made big plays. That ball from Vince was damn near perfect, and it was clear from the all the replays (esp. the view from the CB's viewpoint from behind that NW clearly alligator armed it. A good friend of mine who is a Stiller's fan game me a bunch of crap over that signing, telling me that most Pitts fans were ecstatic to see him go because he constantly dropped or alligator armed passes. After what I have seen from him so far this season I would concur ! Another dud at wideout...

Also agree on VY's coming out party (or should I say reemergence on the national stage). I was pretty stunned at how composed he was in the pocket and how many great reads and solid or better than average throws VY made last night. Yeah there was that one pass that should have been intercepted, but to be honest with you that is a pass that even Manning might make, because the widow looked quite good for that throw, and it was right where it should have been,, the safety (or CB, not sure who it was that almost made the pick) made a hell of an athletic turn on the coverage ... I could have lived with that one...

The one lone big time criticism of VY's play I have from last night was the way he was carrying the ball in the red zone surrounded by 3 Texan defenders. C'mon Man... Vince put the damn ball away, lower your shoulder and pick up the 15-20 years without hitting your friggin' knee and turning the ball over... That's was my lone gripe about his performance last night ! The dude is impressing me, and I was a fan when we first got him, couldn't wait to bury him after his garbage performances in year two, and am now fully aware that there is NO WAY we are on the winning streak we are currently on without the new revitalized VY. The guy looks soooooo much more poised and, well, "quarterback like" in the pocket now, and he is reading defenses and checkdowns in a fashion he never seemed capable of before... Is he the second coming of Peyton Manning or Tom Brady ? Nah, but he does something neither of those guys will never, and have never been able to do, use his legs to extend drives. Especially with CJ back there it makes this offense pretty difficult to shut down now...

Keep in mind the Texans defense has been playing at a very high level lately and quite honestly that team should have beaten the Colts two weeks ago... They held the Clots to 20 points, no an easy task... The fact that Vince was able to move the ball pretty effectively against that defense told me a lot about Vince and his leadership and his ability to make plays that are driving this team to win right now...

I am really impressed with the way the guy has resurrected his career quite honestly... If he keeps this up the rest of the season, despite whether we win out or make the playoffs, I think there is no question he will have reassumed the leadership role in TN, and rightly so if you ask me...

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I was thinking more how you mentioned the dismantling and wondered if Hoge was right about a month ago. :yes: Of course no one draft pick could cause the dismantling of an organization regardless.

And yeah there are definately overboard comments on either side. Still, the Patrick Ramsey debate, Akili Smith comparisons, the "Vince is a retard" comments, the "Vince can't play in the NFL, this aint college" comments, the "Vince is a homo" comments... Yeah all that was retarded.

4. buddync1

buddync1 Camp Fodder

What it all comes down to is that last night with Kerry at QB we lose.

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Yeah it was funny to see the pre-game hate on VY from Cris Carter, and Steve Young. My, my, my though, Steve Young quickly changed his tone and had to eat it a little but still said that we can't run the table.

Matt Millen (although totally incredible most of the time) even made some good points on us being able to win out. That was a great game all around. It was a tough, hard-fought game on both ends. Houston came to play but we had their #.

Not to say I told you so, but I knew VY had it in him. He is who I thought he was. Shout out to Denny Green.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm too young to be able to say this so I've refrained from doing so, but with C.J. Vince seems to be the most dynamic QB in the backfield ever. I say that I feel I'm too young because I never got to see Cunningham do his thing live (those years in Minnesota don't count), and Ive been told that if Cunningham couldn't win a Super Bowl running then Vince never will. But he never had a 4.24 back did he? Vince commands so much attention its crazy, and that's all before he reads the defense. Just snapping to him seems to give guys headaches. I pray I'm right, but only time will tell.

7. hoheff78

hoheff78 Camp Fodder

Chris Carter was hating so much he started stuttering and then he said vince has a percentage of 40% throwing on the run and that he cant do it... what a douche
    Matt Millen looks like hes a believer and is on board the vince train and i think i heard him make a bet with steve young about us running the table

8. RocketTitan409

RocketTitan409 Practice Squad

ok here goes my first post. i have said to friends and family when titans were 0-6 that they will win 10 straight and make the playoffs.. of course everyone laugheed at me.. but i mainly said this because of chris johnson...

BUT, i did not think that vince young would be a part of this.. and now 4 straight wins later.. im even MORE confident cause Vince young looks like a leader/veteran, Heck he looks like a MVP canidant.. but we all know paeton manning or Drew Brees will get that..
    anyways im proud of vince and i hope he leads us to the playoffs.. WE DESERVE IT!

9. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

4 games in a row during the previews everybody in TV is like JUST STOP CJ AND LET VY BEAT YOU WITH HIS ARM,4 straight games they start with 8 in the box by half time they are playing 2deep by the fourth quarter they don't know what to.
    All of this is thanks to Vince this and a average D = 4-0.

10. Nine

Nine Starter

I've always considered myself to be a VY fan. Even after his subpar 2007 season and the whole meltdown incident in '08, I held out hope that he would turn things around, and find a way to translate his God-given talents to the NFL game.

But for the past two years, I have repeatedly been assured that no....there is no chance that Vince Young will ever learn the NFL game. He is too dumb. He throws sidearm. He can't read defenses. He forgot how to run. He's afraid to get hit. He quit on his team. Mr. Wonderlic goes to shirtless man-parties. There is absolutely, positively no way in hell he will ever amount to anything in the NFL. He will be sweeping floors at McDonald's in six months. End of story.

Many people said this. Many,many people. You know who you are.

What the future holds in store for the Titans and/or Vince Young, I have no idea. But I know this:

Right now, Vince Young is making you look really, really, really stupid.

• High Five High Five x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar