I wouldn't judge just yet

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VA_Titans, Sep 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VA_Titans

VA_Titans Camp Fodder

I knew this game would be tought for a couple of reasons.

1. The weather was 90 some degrees, it's been pretty cool in Nashville the last couple of weaks....

2. Jags D is pretty legit, and I see their D doing very well this season...

3. CJ isn't really clicking yet with his line. The timing isn't there, it's going to come tho, i'm sure of it....

4. Titans played like poo for most the game but they bout stole it in the final secs... Jags was the better team today, and I must say, I don't care how good we are or how good the jags are, them too will always play each other tough most of the time....

I see us going 0-2 then making a good run and finishing up around 10-6

2. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

After watching that yesterday, I don't think we are anywhere near a 10-6 team this year. May be next year. Cj and his offensive line have been here for 3 years so they should be clicking already(see MJD and the O-line in Jacksonville). Cj wasn't ready for the game physically and didnt hit the line hard once.
    Was quite impressed with the Defence in the second half though and the fact we almost stole it in the final possesion despite stinking up the joint for most of the game.

3. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Problem with CJ is if he does not have clean lanes to run...and I mean squeeky clean...he is not good. MJD runs through a hole and anyone on the other side of it. He is hard to grab and a hand to the leg or ankle does not drop him like it does with CJ.

Until we find someway to get some receivers on the field that a pre-season zone coverage scheme wont shut down our run game will continue to fail.

Just watch against the Ravens next week.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

That's probably one of the worst excuses of all-time.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

MJD runs with purpose. CJ runs like he's waiting for Moses to part the red sea.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I think we will be fine. With a new HC, OC, DC, QB and several position coaches, there will be some growing pains and I expect us to get off to a slow start. But there were a few positives in this game and I think things will begin to click for this team in the next few weeks.

Some of the things I did like though:

1. Although the run D looked really bad in parts of the game, esp. the beginning, the stops on the goal line are something that last years D never would have done, and that really kept us in the game.

2. Kenny Britt. I know most people will say that his 80yd TD was a fluke, and it probably was a fluke for Hass, but for Britt it was a really good play. He came all the way across the field and didn't give up on his route even when it looked like Hass would be sacked. Then he did a pretty good job of making a defender miss and getting up field. His 2nd TD catch was just beautiful. Once MH and KB work on their timing a little more they could be a deadly combination.

3. After watching our team give up at the end of the game so many times last year, it was good to see the offense and the defense play hard all game.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

10 - 6 is what I kept coming up with when I was going over our schedule, and that was giving us splits with each of our division foes.

Although we all didn't get the result we wanted or expected I know this is an 8-8 team. We didn't show that yesterday in the first half, obviously.

8. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

You have to figure in the type of body MJD has compared to CJ. MJD weighs more, and way stronger than CJ. His body can take the hits unlike CJ. If CJ tried to run like MJD for one game, CJ will be injured half of the season. I'm not downing CJ or anything, but CJ has a different running style. CJ can not run over a 220+ LB.

9. customtitan

customtitan Special Teams Standout

mjd is 5ft7 and 208
    cj is 5ft 11 and 191

10. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Exactly. That's what CJ is. He's a speed back. He doesn't make his own holes. He needs holes to do his thing Yesterday, there weren't any until the 4th quarter. On the only 2 carries CJ got that had a decent hole opened for him, he hit the hole just fine. If the big guys up front can't open up a hole, CJ is useless. Hey, wasn't our head coach an O_line coach for years? He should know what needs fixed, and it's not CJ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar