Ian Rapoport: Titans expect Locker to start Sunday

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Oct 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Reckless like Riggs in Lethal weapon or reckless like Hans Gruber when he put a gun to Sally's head on the 95th floor of the Nakatomi towers?

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Nice name drops. I thought I was one of the older members here guess not.

3. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I honestly believe that if Locker was in serious risk of injuring himself from one big hit tomorrow then he would not be playing. He has been cleared for contact and is apparently healthy enough for the coaching and medical staffs to okay him for tomorrows game and I trust their judgement on this decision as the only thing we know about the injury is the fact he was carted off the field; since then it was announced to be a sprained hip and knee which (in my understanding) means there is not major structural damage to either joint.

This being said I honestly think we will gameplan a lot of short 3 step drops for Locker in order for him to get the ball out very quickly. I doubt you see a lot of playaction and down field attempts which would put Locker in bigger risk of being hit. This is the week we need to have our running game step up (which also would help to protect Jake) since getting into 3 and >5 would mean we have to start looking down field with deeper patterns.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Is Greene playing? Cuz CJ isn't going to get the run game going.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Well that's probably after just two Fitzpatrick passes anyway, so why not start him in that scenario...

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Hopefully Locker and Greene playing will give us boost since it would be hard for 49ers to prepare on such short notice.

I think Locker will be fine but in no way does it guarantee a win. 49ers are playing well right now.

7. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Yea, I'd say his first few passes will probably be off...he'll need to knock a small amount of rust off. It's a good thing were at home though...12th man will give him a boost.

8. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Sitting on the sideline...as a back up.

9. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

If we can fix the run...we wouldn't have to put it all on Locker's shoulders too.

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Just htf is Derrick Mason going to give him a boost? :brow:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar