I'd guess Pacman will sue the NFL

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Starkiller, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Yeah! It's just you.:ha:

2. titan48

titan48 Camp Fodder

Is the NFL a private business? I thought there was a team owned by their fans, Packers maybe?

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

and the legal system does have a right to tell a private business to punish.

For example they can tell them that beheadings are not allowed.

4. Yes, but even private businesses are still accountable to United States laws.

5. titan48

titan48 Camp Fodder

When it all comes down to brass tacks, The NFL is just like NASCAR, if you don't want to play by their rules, you can pick up your toys and go home. It's their show and you play by their rules!

6. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

They did come down too hard on him.

They should have come down "too hard" on Ray Lewis too.

And while it would be great for the Titans if it was just a token suspension for the preseason, a year suspension is something the league is empowered to do.

7. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

I really don't think anyone is arguing for anything that lenient, I know I'm not, I just think a full year is a bit excessive, I think about what Henry got would be addequate to get the point accross, which is really all he's trying to do with this, I think.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

While that's true, contracts have different standards, and you can provide for specific things in contracts that are not usually acceptable under the law. Private businesses can do what they want. Private schools can discriminate, employees can create their own rules for firing contingencies. In this case, the NFL was allowed to create it's own discipline system for "conduct" violations. Because the NFL wrote the contract, they didn't have to mean that conduct violating their policy would require a conviction, or even an arrest. They left it vague, which gave them more control. Also giving them more power is the language about embarassing the league. Image is a powerful tool, and is something that the NFL has the right to protect. The law is on their side here, not pacman's.

9. Titanmc

Titanmc Starter

Of course he can sue!

Here in America, this day and time, my dog can get a lawyer to sue the city of Nashville, the Sports Authority, the state of Tennessee, the Titans and the NFL for making the tree planters, protecting the stadium, to high for him to pee on the trees. It is causing him great mental distress. Belive me some lawyer would take the case.

Of course, the two law firms he is PAYING are going to sue. They have to look like they are doing something to earn their fees.

10. Guig

Guig Starter

And there is the problem with the world today ... no one takes responsibility for their own actions and much prefer to sue. "oh my coffee was too hot and I burned my tongue I'll sue for a gazillion dollars" ... load of fekkin pish.

This pathetic individual should shut his coupon and take his punishment whether that comes from the NFL or the legal system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar