I'd rather we been shut down 35-0

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PitBull, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Regardless of what the Ratbird trolls on here say or think, we are the better team. We out performed them. They're here for closure because even they are not convinced with the win. Prior to kickoff, I thought it would be a more difficult game.. well it wasen't. Its just impossible to win a game when your turnover differential is minus 3. I remember hearing somewhere today that the chances of winning a game when you're minus 3 is 9%. Yet they hardly survived. Yes that's what happened.. the vultures escaped with a win. They survived and fed off our fumbles. They survived against us.

Judging both team's performance, 9 out of 10 times we would have won this game. The weak vultures don't have **** on us. They know it, we know it... **** happens. This is what it smells like.

We just didn't get the job done. We chocked on 4 chances to score. There's no reason why we shouldn't have put up 31 against the dirty vultures.

Regardless of his tears, Alge must go. 3 fumbles on the season on 24 receptions is unacceptable.

This was a bad.. bad day for the Titans..

So like I said, I would rather we been shut down 35-0 against a team which we we have no chance against, rather than lose against a team we are better than because of silly mistakes..

**** the ratbirds.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes Camp Fodder

Forcing turnovers on defense is part of a teams performance, protecting the ball on offense is part of a team's performance. You acknowledge that being -3 in turnover differential gives you a 1/10 chance to win, then you say if our performances were repeated, you would have a 9/10 chance to win.
    Methinks these statements are contradictory.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

They won. We lost.

We made mistakes and they capitalised on them.

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

2000 all over again. Eerily similar. Dominated every facet of the game, couldn't put points on the board and lost. Our defense really didn't do much against their pathetic offense either. The Ravens are now officially dominating the Titans players/fans/coaches heads.

5. DarkRaven

DarkRaven Guest

Whatever helps you cope with your loss buddy. But when you wake up tomorrow, you will again realize that the Titans wasn't the best team last night because you will be watching the Ravens go to the Super Bowl.

6. moose4now

moose4now Starter

It's been that way for some time.

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

It's definitely worse losing in that fashion.

But it's over, just over. Time to start looking at ways to improve for next years. Free agency, the draft, we'll do it all over again.

8. JCarr31

JCarr31 Guest

Ball Handling

Did anyone notice how the Titans players were handling the ball? LenDale White was holding the ball like a loaf of bread way too far from his body. I also hate the fact that he tries to high step and juke while running in the hole when he is a bruiser for a runner not a shifty back. Anyway bottom line when you turn the ball over three times especially within scoring range in a close game like this most of the time you aren't going to come out on top. At least we can watch the games without almost having a heart attack :ha:

9. whutaboutGump

whutaboutGump Naw mean?

Stop acting like little girls about it, you lost.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'd rather we have won...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar