If a shutout can bode well...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Dec 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

That's my biggest concern too.It shouldn't be but the Ravens have been our bogey team too many times for it not to be.

2. omahacolt

omahacolt Starter

gunny

you know i dont put any thought into this game. other than it is cool to get a shutout.

this game means nothing on the year or the playoffs. but that was a sad showing by the titans and especially vince gump

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

meh, that's why they are backups.

4. omahacolt

omahacolt Starter

i think we both know that the stance you are taking now wouldnt be the same if the situation was reversed

5. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

My point is that both teams had their backups in. I guess if the strength of the backups themselves counted for anything, I'd be a bit worried, but since they don't and we didn't need this game, I'm not.
    I highly doubt Manning will be tossing the ball around, or Addai will be running around at will like they did today, if they make it to LP field (or Heinz field for the Steelers for that matter).

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Beating backups is a hollow victory. It was last year, but we needed to do it to get in the playoffs so it was silver lining.

This game was pointless, meaningless and thankfully no one got injured. I'm not worried about our playoff chances based on this game.

7. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

I don't think the Colts feel really pumped up about today either. It's like you said, it was a hollow victory....the exact same feeling I had last year when we "beat" the Colts in week 17 to get into the playoffs.

That said,....the onside kick pissed me off.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

:coltssuk:

9. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I hope the Colts get beat by the Chargers. Lets go Chargers!

10. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Screw the Chargers too, Rivers is a crybaby, talks too much and need to be punched in the mouth..how fast you guys forget what they did to the Titans.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar