If a team offers a 3rd for Kenny do you take it?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Apr 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Because if the player has a breakout season he is screwed.

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Check out the definitions of evidence and opinion, dude. What I posted is exactly what evidence is.

Not sure how it would be possible to hold the opinion "no players have signed such a contract." That is straight fact any way you slice it.

3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

You don't even know what the incentives are. You can't make that call. You also don't even know what the base salary is.

Because its not a real contract.

4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

It's your opinion that no one would sign it. It's not fact.

5. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

The specifics are irrelevant because the idea of a player taking a mid to long term deal with less guaranteed money and instead signing an incentive laden deal is ludicrous. The best you can realistically expect with an incentive deal is a one year "prove it deal" and the only people who sign those are players who get to the end of the FA.

Players look for guaranteed money because at any point in the yer they could get seriously injured.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I'm honestly just tired of debating it.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

CJtheBeast - Wrong again.

If Football was a 40 year profession I'm sure some players would sign contracts you are suggesting. But no one of Britt's caliber is going to sign a 8 million 5 year deal it would be beyond dumb. He'd be better making franchise money. Or doing what Mendenhall did and signing a one year 4 million contract. Because you don't want to be locked into a contract that you can't get out of if you vastly exceed in performance. All Britt could do at that point is sit out a year. And considering even good football careers rarely last past 35, that is a terrible option.

8. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Did I say the deal was worth $8 million?

Did I say how much any of the deal was worth? The Signing bonus or anything like that? I threw out a hypothetical contract to encourage a player who's unproven to sign a long term deal.

Incentive laden
    Signing bonus
    Long term stability

That is all that I confirmed the contract would have. The numbers were merely part of my example. I think this is the 3rd time I'm explaining this.

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

You can't say that A is better than B when you don't have either A or B. All you have is hypotheticals.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Why even argue about this piss poor contract Britt would never sign in a million years?
    Assume for a second Britt doesn't go off and only duplicates his 2010 seaosn (42 catches 775 yards and 9 TD). He had 42 catches for 701 yards his rookie season. He could sign a contract for 3 mil a year with some additional guaranteed money above 5 mil based on those numbers. Danny Amendola siged with the Pats for almost 6 mil per year on average. So I doubt Britt would sign a contract similar to what we paid Hawkins incentives or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar