Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

If a team offers a 3rd for Kenny do you take it?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Apr 17, 2013.

?

Would you take a 3rd round draft pick for Kenny Britt?

Yes 29 vote(s) 46.0%
No 34 vote(s) 54.0%
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 6 users.
  1. RockyTop Fox Defensive Coordinator

Locker
    Moolah:
    $3,588
    I'd have to say no on this one.

We know that Britt is easily a top 10 WR when playing at his A game.. while many draft picks retire after three seasons because they aren't as good as people thought.

It'd be a risk either way.. You trade Britt, you're risking that the player we get instead will be better for us in the future. You also risk the potential of Britt lighting up the scoreboard for another team for the next five years. If you keep Britt, you risk him getting into more legal trouble, or that he never fully recovers from his injury, or sustains new ones.

So really there is no absolute "right or wrong" answer. Both are risky. Personally I would keep Britt, but that's just me.
    CJtheBeast high fives this.
  2. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $24,380
    Nope. A second and he's outtie tho. Mid 2nd is good value and you could replace him. A third you are shooting for a role player however you wouldn't get a 2nd and you probably couldn't get a 3rd for his disaster in waiting self
  3. Big TT Pro Bowler

Klug
    Moolah:
    $10,646
    He is a role player at this point is he not?
    Fry high fives this.
  4. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $24,380
    Yes. No doubt. However he does still have upside as a number one if he can pick up the pieces. Upside that a third round role player is unlikely to have. If we can't get a 2nd for him we are better off praying to the football gods that he has a career year lol.
  5. titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Wycheck
    Moolah:
    $1,298
    No way. He is going to create constant double teams this year. We already have two third round picks already. I am not try to see Washington and Wright as our starting WRs.
    CJtheBeast high fives this.
  6. Titan43 Starter

George
    Moolah:
    $187
    Its all about risk vs potential reward.

The potential reward for Kenny is very high. That is worth passing up a 3rd rd pick, that probably wont make much of an impact this year (remember this team needs wins now)

Plus, its not like we are set at the WR position right now anyway. We have Wright and Nate (for now). Outside of that we lack any real talent at the position.

Only way I see us doing it is if have a few D players we really likr in the 3rd. Then trade him for a 3rd, draft a WR in the 1st, G in the 2nd, and go D with out 3rds.

But even then, does a rookie WR have a better chance of breaking out in year 1 than KB does this year? Probably not.
    CJtheBeast and RockyTop Fox high five this.
  7. Aqutis30 Starter

D. Williams
    Moolah:
    $2,863
    Grab the pick for the 3rd and get that PoS off my team!
  8. GOFIGURETITANS Locker To Start....please

Locker
    Moolah:
    $730
    I would take a dorrito loco supreme, has to be ranch though, for britt. In a heartbeat!
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,356
    I think you are reading into that.
  9. shinypsp Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $13
    Unless we look like legitimate SB contenders, assuming he does well in his contract year, dump him off before the deadline and reap the rewards