If CBJ wins again, should he stay in?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Oct 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

It's seriously mind blowing to me that some people still have any faith in Locker.

The chances of him playing well AND actually playing all 4 quarters are like 1 in 5.

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I think we have a chance against the skins but the Texans are a good team. Their weak link Fitzpatrick but I watched their game against the Colts. They will blast our offense in the face and run all over our Defense. I'm expecting another blow out loss in that one.

3. Cajun_Titan_33

Cajun_Titan_33 Pro Bowler

Depends on how we win. CBJ didn't win the game for us against the Jags. We could have easily been out scored.

If CBJ comes in and throws for 3 tds, no turnovers, and we click on offense absolutely keep him in down the road. Locker lost this team week 3.

4. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

CBJ isn't our future so he shouldn't be playing IMO. That said, if they're waiting to give Mett 2 weeks of solid starter reps over the bye to give him the keys week 10, I can understand the logic. Giving reps to someone who has absolutely no chance of being our future when we have someone else on the roster who might be is moronic IMO.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

and lose him for week 9! I lime Jake but I imagine it takes its toll on the whole team with him in and out all the time. I would like to see Mett. I dont see us coming back to win the division this year, so we either see what we have and build around it or look for another QB next year in the draft.

6. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

Locker gives us the best chance to win hands down. If a miracle happens and we win the next 3...we stick with Locker. If not, just bring in Mett and let him progress so we start prepping for next season.

I wish it would have worked out for Locker as he seems like a team player and leaves it all out on the field, but his injuries and inconsistency has left us with much to desire.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I was being a little snarky with that remark, because obviously it depends on how CBJ plays ... I can't just sit here and say "Yes, if we win 2 games with CBJ then he should be the starter no question"

If he plays like sh*t and we still win those to games (by some miracle) then I would hope the coaching staff has the balls to pull him anyway.

If he plays really great, then sure leave him in.

The way I see it is, CBJ has made a handful of really nice throws ... and has played like crap a lot too. Hitting Wright in the EZ and Justin Hunter on a bomb were great. The entire 2nd half against the Browns was terrible. Same story with the Jags. Made some nice throws to Walker and Hunter, but plays scared a lot as well.

Honestly, that's about what I would expect out of Mett too. I would expect him to make some throws that everyone just says 'wow' ... and to make some bad plays too.

I really don't understand everyone acting like CBJ gives us such a huge advantage over Mett. CBJ has played a lot of crappy ball (entire colts game basically, 2nd half of Browns, 2nd half of Jags). Pretty sure Mett can at least go 3 and out every drive

8. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

CBJ is our best QB bar none. The way he plays crappy ball is the best way to play crappy ball. He does not force dumb passes. He just holds on to ball forever and does not try to force it. We just need more quick slant type options sprinkled in with Wright and Mccluster on them and he will kill it.

• LOL LOL x 1
  9. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

You are making my point for me ... people are settling for crappy ball instead of taking a chance when the worst you can get is crappy ball, and the best you can get is a franchise QB

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Just saw GoT on sports center,
    he's a CBJ fan

upload_2014-10-17_15-12-9.png

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar