If Cordarrelle Patterson is there at 10...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RockyTop Fox, Feb 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Britt for a SECOND???

Maybe in a dream in which I'm able to have sex with Hayden Panettiere and Mila Kunis at the same time, but the best we could get is a 5th-6th round pick for him.

And the best celeb I could have sex with is Kathy Bates.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Just because CP is the highest rated receiver in this draft that doesn't necessarily mean he's a can't miss guy. Guys like AJ Green, Megatron, Larry Fitzgerald,and Julio Jones were the kind of guys that just watching them in college you KNEW, they would be studs. You would have been crazy to pass on those guys regardless of your needs unless you were already rock solid at receiver. No matter how much people try to sell him to me, Cordarelle Patterson is just not that guy. The fact that a guy with one year of D1 production is the top of this year's WR class says a lot. He may turn out to be good, he's got all the measurables but he's not any of the afore-mentioned receivers.

3. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

I'm glad everyone thinks we are set at receiver

Let's see Britt's troubled and injury past yielded him in 4 years 2354 yards and 19 tds

Damian Williams in 3 years 1135 yards and 5 tds

Lavelle Hawkins in 5 years 771 yards 1 td

Practice squad kid in Michael Preston

Declining Nate Washington

and a Full-Time slot receiver Kendall Wright

and yet we are set on receiver way to set Jake Locker up with talent around him:facepalm:

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

It's not that we think we are set at receiver. It's more that many of us feel that we don't think it's a good idea to take any of these receivers at 10. We also have bigger issues on the O-line. Receiver is one of those positions you can address later in the draft unless the guy in the first round or two is really special. Patterson is really good, not special enough to take at 10 imo. If we didn't have such dire needs at G or were picking in the 20's i'd take a shot on Patterson but that is not the case.We can solidify the position by taking a guy like Robert Woods later on. Or who knows, maybe Mike Wallace in free agency.No need to spend the 10 on a receiver.

5. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Did you not watch him last year? He's a freak. It's rare to find a guy his size, as physical as he is, and can make guys miss in limited space. He may be a little raw, but talent wise, he's a freak.

6. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

It won't matter who he is throwing to if you don't have guys keeping him from getting his arm knocked off. Trying to put the cart before the horse is exactly what we did last year. Not going through it again and if they pick a WR I will wait until the FO is cleaned out to continue watching Titan football lmao.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Please no WR in the 1st, there is a lot of talent in the 2nd-4th round range. The depth at the position is very good this year.

I rather have a Hunter or Patton in the 2nd/3rd than go with a WR in the 1st and pass on Warmack, Cooper, Milliner, Mingo, Werner, or eh whatever else.

8. J Falk

J Falk Starter

9. J Falk

J Falk Starter

No o-line and it don't matter if our WR's were Jerry Rice and Megatron

10. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

If Cordarrelle Patterson is there at 10...
    ....you most definitly pass on him. Of all dumb draft scenarios, this would be the absolute most insanely dumb pick you could make as the Titans FO. We are not the Detroit Lions.
    BTW if we would would draft him we would be the only team in the NFL with three 1st RD WRs on the roster.:bs:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar