If Free Agency is a indicator of the draft

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Mar 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

If the Free Agency activity is any indicator how this new GM and Titans front office is gonna do things any chance we get any of the draft picks signed before training camps?

2. Sledge

Sledge Guest

No idea. One of the problems I have with MR is that he's known to be a cheapo, and while there's positive sides to that, it pisses me off. While it looks like Pacman won't play for us this year, we have a chance at Nick Harper and a few others and nothing is happening. After Day 1-2, I could live with us not doing anything, but it's been 10 days now. Time is running out. Looking at what the Ravens gave up to get McGahee, I just feel sorry for this franchise cuz we could have paid that, even giving the Ravens their pick back in the McNair deal. Really, this whole situation is a pretty sorry one, much like Reinfeldt is. Wow, we have a shot at Ryan Fowler... Whoopdeedoo...:irked:

3. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Just think of what we could have rite now.

Nate Clements
    Donte Stallworth
    Travis Henry still or McGahee

who cares we have the freaking money.

I hate Reisfeldt... I hate him....

All you people who are going to say "dont over spend the moneyyy"

your just the same as reisfeldt. Hes retarded. He just ruined a young team. Now we need to rebuild the offence. WOW

4. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

First off bro, it's Reinfeldt. Secondly, you're going to sit here and say that you would have been happy if we just made a pretty good corner but not great the highest paid defensive player in the history of football? I doubt it. We were never really in the running for McGahee, plus why the hell would we give up three picks for him anyway?

5. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Cuz he's a proven commodity, and having McGahee back there would have meant "Who cares about Travis Henry", plus we'd have a top back for a lot of years now. What are those pics gonna get us? Another bunch of Courtney Robys?

6. BigRed3

Why are we acting like Travis Henry is some sort of team savior? Two years ago, he was nothing but a pothead that wasn't worth the third rounder that we gave up for him. Now that he's gone, the 2007 season is already a lost cause? Give me a break. So you're saying that you would rather give up three picks for a guy to come in and block Lendale, who we drafted to become our franchise back. Travis Henry's 1200 yard season didn't change that. You might say that McGahee is a proven commodity, but we'll never know what we have in Lendale if we don't give him a shot.

7. DC Titanfan

DC Titanfan Starter

We won't get Fowler either. Eagles got him, unless the 'Boys match.

8. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Will the Chargers trade LT cuz he's blocking Michael Turner? Having Jacobs didn't stop the Giants from picking up Droughns. I know Turner and Jacobs weren't drafted to be franchise backs, but the theory still applies. You don't stop yourself from going after talent cuz someone was drafted to be your franchise back (BTW, LW will never be our franchise back. He could've come into camp last year and busted heads with defenders. Instead, he threw a spit party and showed his health is shaky at best. I don't care how much talent he had, as much as I touted his pickup, it's clear he's not the answer. His head just isn't 100% into the game. So much for that chip on his shoulder he was supposed to have...).

9. BigRed3

So Lendale will NEVER be our franchise back? Do you have some sort of inside pitch that you're not sharing? You can't seriously sit there and say that because of one season where he underperformed as a backup that he's not going to be a good player. What about Larry Johnson? He sat behind Priest Holmes for a couple of years and was called out by Dick Vermeil for his lack of passion. Where is he at now, huh? Yeah, one of the best backs in the league. I'm not saying that Lendale will be the same way, but is ludicrous to say that we know what he will be from seeing him for one year.

10. Sledge

Sledge Guest

I never spoke for anyone but myself, just stated my opinion of the guy. If he turns out like LJ I'll be frickin happy tho...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar