If given the opportunity for a trade for a top player, which position deserves a 1st

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by bigreese82, Mar 31, 2007.

?
  1. RB

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. WR

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. CB

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. DE

14 vote(s)
    87.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigreese82

bigreese82 Camp Fodder

Where would you like to see the Titans trade using their first rounder. RB, WR, DE, or CB? Assuming trade would net a great player? Where do we need it the most ?

2. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Wide Receiver

We need someone for Young

although we could use it on a DE then draft a receiver in the 2nd

3. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I'd probably go DE. I like Gaines Adams.

4. johnnybow

johnnybow Guest

yeah

5. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

This is a loaded question, we could trade up to get the best player in the draft who would be a huge impact player. Calvin Johnson is the best player available at any position. But if you are talking realistically I would say Moving up a few spots to take a DE like Gaines Adams. Outside of Johnson there is no WR worthy of moving up to take, but there is a couple of DE that fit the bill.

6. DE cause we can still pick up a stud WR in the second like meachem or someone of that sort

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

bingo

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I would rather NOT trade up, take the BPA with our current pick at one of those postions of need and another BPA at one of those positions with our 2nd rounder.

If we were going to trade I would only trade for an established player. We could spend half our draft moving up and end up with a player who is marginal. The draft is a crap shoot. Better to keep our picks, get BPA guys in and hope we can get some gems. Besides, who knows if Anderson, Carriker or another DE we really like isn't there in at 19? A guy like Gaines would be ridiculously expensive to get with picks anyway.

Also, there is going to be quality in the 2nd round at CB and WR and possibly a player at DE if we haven't already taken one. A quality 2nd round CB/WR could easily be as good as one of the 1st round CBs we could take at 19.

9. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

DE just becaues it helps fix other problems on D.

10. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Patrick Willis, Laron Landry or Alan Branch.

I vote Willis. Stop the damn run.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar