If he goes

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VA_Titans, Dec 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

OK...outside of the "r" word (which is offensive, so please stop using it), I see this as a "sort of" answer to the first question (although I hear some barks in it too).

So you are saying that next year VY's transgressions, should they continue (i.e. not showing up during the week, off field maturity issues, etc...which you are silent to, but I was asking about), can be forgiven because of the new coach and new coaching system??? Not sure I agree, but I will let that one go.

Please answer the second question...hypothetically, what would it take before you lose your support of VY???

2. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

You expect people to stop using a word because it offends you? He's not talking about actual retards anyway. Does someone saying "that's gay" offend you too? Stop trying to tell people how to talk when they are using "offensive" words especially when they aren't even using it in a way that is intentionally offensive or speaking about retards or "mentally challenged"? what about midget? vertically challenged now? People like you are ridiculous. The "r" word. lmao. You don't have the right to not be offended.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. CheeseheadTitan

It doesn't offend me...but it is offensive to use in public (you know...PC world and all). That is all I was saying. BUT, if you want to use it go ahead (just don't be surprised if it gets you in trouble someday).

Also, why don't you lighten up and answer the question too???

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Yeah and then have to quit because his feelings got hurt.

5. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

What's the question I had to stop after I saw you complain about someone using the word retard. I'm guessing it's what will it take for me to lose support in VY. It will take him doing anything less than leading us to the playoffs next year if he gets a FULL SEASON to play. If he is healthy for 16 games but is only allowed to start for 10 and it wasn't for anything he did then I can't blame him. If he get's hurt 3 times, missed more than 2 games games from injuries, and throws 15 tds and 15 ints and fumbles 8 times in a season going 8-8 or 9-7 or worse then I never want to see him in a Titans jersey again. So anything less than playoffs and at maybe winning at least winning 1 game.

Let's say we get the playoffs but one and done but he plays well and throws 250 yards 3 tds 1 int and we lose because of 2 fumbles by a WR or RB or just awful defense? Would you want him back in 2012? I would.

6. CheeseheadTitan

Thanks for being the first from the VY Supporter side to actually attempt to answer the question. I agree that there are things that can happen out of his control that affects what happens with the season, so I would be flexible on that too. Also note that, my criticism of him is more limited to maturity and leadership issues, not so much to performance (I agree that he is the best QB we have on the team right now, when healthy).

What about some of the issues with him related more to maturity/leadership that have plagued him for the past couple of years? What needs to happen (or not happen) there for you to either continue to support or lose support for him in that regard?

7. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

I've grown tired of his antics too & I'm a Titans fan first before I'm a VY fan but I still believe he has what it takes to be a consistent top 10 QB & since Bud is sticking with him, theres really no point in my mind to not believe in him because I'll have to watch him and cheer for him either way. we've heard many reports that he was studying harder & working harder the last year or two and I think that has showed that it translated on the field, maybe not every game but it was a huge improvement. But I seriously expect him to not have huge off the field issues or issues with coaching if it's with a coach other than Fisher. I think we have enough evidence to see that Fisher/VY relationship has never been great and I have got to believe that has effected VY in a negative way. If Vince has any explosions or off the field fights I don't want him here anymore either. It's pretty much his last chance and I think with a change of coach he would be fine. He pretty much has to become a complete, healthy, consistent, team leading QB all at once instead of flashes of it some of the time which may not seem likely, but he can do it if he really wants. We'll just have to wait and see because he will be here next year.

8. stump1000

stump1000 NFL Insider

You mad?

9. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

You a sheep of a lame internet trend? :yes:

10. CheeseheadTitan

Thank you...my patience ran out with him this year, but I understand your mindset here (I had the same attitude at the beginning of the season). All debating and predictions aside, only time will tell on what happens with him and a new coach.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar