If he won't play, VY ready to go elsewhere

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

<em>Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky</em> <p>So much for <a href="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9589" target="_new">Vince Young</a> not rocking the boat.</p> <p>I'm guessing he doesn't realize that recent comments to a Baltimore TV station will cause a big stir, or maybe he intended for them to. Either way, it's already underway.</p> <p>I got a text not long ago from 104.5 The Zone in Nashville (Disclaimer, I'm a regular on their morning show): "V.Young tells Baltimore's WMAR-TV he wants to play elsewhere if Titans don't play him."</p> <p>I just listened to it <a href="http://images.radcity.net/5885/3706357.mp3" target="_blank">courtesy of Titans Radio.</a></p> <p>"If them guys don't want me to be in there man, it's time for me to make a career change for myself," Young said. "Because the fact is I'm ready to play ball and if they're not ready for me to play ball, somebody is."</p> <p>Maybe there was more context in the build-up or follow-up. It's a short snippet.</p> <p>But I think Young is overrating the outside interest in his services. And I feel confident no one is going to trade for a contract with <a href="/blogs/afcsouth/0-9-44/Vince-Young-s-cap-implications.html" target="_blank">these implications</a> so he'd have to be released to move on.</p> <p>The Titans aren't going to make a move anytime soon.</p> <p>But if Young isn't good in the preseason and <a href="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=3560" target="_new">Patrick Ramsey</a> is, I could see them giving the No. 2 job to Ramsey. If they didn't keep three, then it would be time to admit a mistake with the No. 3 pick in 2006.</p>

More...

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

3. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

He realizes he can not play college ball again right?

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Fisher, tell him to shut his mouth and play ball. Oh, and eat about 8 mil of his contract so he can still be gainfully employed next year. Good luck learning a new system and being successful. The Titans are as vanilla as vanilla pudding, and he still can't make it work. We'll see how he looks in the Preseason, he better make strides.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

send his :grrr::grrr::grrr: packing, anywhere, lets get something, whether it be a 7th rounder, i don't care, this kid is going to cause an uproar at the most inopportune time and it'll blow up in the team's face ... do it ****ing now Fisher/Reinfeldt

7. MaxPayne

MaxPayne 1st Team

Kerry has done a great job thus far, VY has to show us something this year or he will be considered a bust bottom line Titans fans and the true fans know what is the best interest for our team. And hey he had a great rookie season but what has he done for us lately.

It’s either play hard or go home..

-MaxPayne2k

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

[​IMG]

stay classy vince...

9. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

Vince claims he has matured and whatever but with that statement i don't think he really has. i understand he wants be a starter but he hasn't proven that he is ready for that just yet and i doubt there is any team out there willing to sign Vince as their starter right now.

Michael Vick probably has a better chance at being signed as a starter than Vince right now

10. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Theres an article on ESPN that goes more in depth of what was actually said, so i don't think it was a terrible statement. But im not defending him and sadly VY is beginning to lose me. I love the guy and hope he can play but if he can't then i have to let go and him saying anything at all to the media has not worked well for him lately. So all i can say to him is good luck, but it's time to Put Up or Shut Up buddy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar