If he won't play, VY ready to go elsewhere

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

and people forget even though Collins had a good year, he was still rusty. now having a full season to get the hang of it again he will be a lot better. Collins unlike VY can remember what teams did last year on defense. and he will know what to expect and will have a better season.

2. amy

amy Starter

"Collins unlike VY can remember what teams did last year on defense. and he will know what to expect and will have a better season."

Yes, I have a feeling last season constituted a lot of "lost weekends" for Vince. One has to wonder where he was mentally each game.

3. jessestylex

my fish has a better memory than vy

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Fish has stated publicly that the job is Kerry's unless he starts losing games. I think he'll stick to that - as he should.

5. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Not that im expecting vince to come out looking amazing but if he, when given a chance, makes good throws or plays at the same level as kerry then people will want vince in because you have the dual threat of his legs along with him being an acceptable passer. If that was to happen then kerry would most likely sit because he is older and less mobile i.e. one dimensional. So if Vince plays well enough, there will be a QB controversy. But it all depends on if Vince shows up come game time, which i'm hoping. Also kerry is getting old, who knows how many hits he can take. We have pitts. opening so that will be a bruising game, we may see kerrys real age at the end of the day.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'll admit I'm not a big KfC fan.

I just want the threat of a deep vertical game in case we need it. I don't think KfC can give us that.

In exchange, I'd like to see 40 yard runs by Vince Young. If I can't get my accurate vertical bombs, I want to see the most insane running combination in the history of the NFL. I want CJ, VY, and LW to accumulate the most rushing yards in a single season by an NFL team. And I want the record crushed. (as a bonus, it would be cool if VY developed more as a passer as well... even if the biggest reason is that Cbs and Safeties are biting on Vince or CJ running)

It still stands out in my mind the end of last season. :53 seconds on the clock and we have one of the best field goal kickers in the game. We need 30-40 yards, and we have a legit chance to tie the game.

With Collins in the game, I knew it was already over. With Vince Young, I think we have a wild chance.

Here's hoping Britt, N.Washington, and Cook will make all the difference. :cheers3:

(If I hadn't seen KfC play for 13 seasons, maybe I'd believe more...)

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

KC did have a legitimate shot at getting us into FG range. And with 53 sec. and j gage playing well, we should have been able to tie. History shows kerry is not clutch and it also shows he isn't well coming off a ok season. Which is why i am always skeptical of him. Just like we won't know where VY is until preseason, i say the same for kerry. At least if nothings open, VY could take off, kerry lacks that and just throws the ball away.

8. jessestylex

VY wont get a shot to shine, if he comes in the game for a short time Mike will be calling totally different plays, most likely run plays or a dump pass to CJ who isnt catching the ball very well in camp this season. One drop by CJ and it will be blamed on VY. I just dont see them opening up the passing game for VY, and the defense know this and will shut VY down from running.

It's not looking good for VY, he needs to play a few complete games to get his groove back. but he's not going to get that shot as long as Collins stays healthy.

9. Morpheus E

Morpheus E Camp Fodder

Imagine if you can that VY has improved and can now throw the ball around a little bit...

Okay now imagine we are down big against the Pats and Fish plays VY looking to mix things up a bit...

Now imagine VY goes out there and has a spectacular day and we pull off a highlight-loaded comeback...

What do you think will happen?

Nothing but controversy.

What Fish has to do is let KC play the games. If he starts up some VY stuff and VY actually performs, then all that will do is call into question Kerry's position.

The only way VY even sniffs playtime is if the team is out there dropping ball games left and right and the coaches have to make some kind of change just to make a change and they decide to see what their #3 pick in the draft can do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar