If he won't play, VY ready to go elsewhere

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

He could use a Mike Singletary :grrr::grrr::grrr: whoopin', but even the 9ers wouldn't want him.

If Shaun Hill flat out sucks balls this season then I could see it happening. Alex Smith is clearly a bust, so they might as well move in another direction (if Hill sucks).

2. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Wildcat would make him happy

3. V-MAN

V-MAN I still believe

I'm going to enjoy reading all the posts from you guys when VY regains his starting position for the Titans.

Carry on.

4. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

I am a VY fan to the core, but I wish he would just shut his mouth open a playbook, and join the R.I.F. program (Reading Is Fundamental for you youngin's). I honestly believe that he has an opportunity to hit the field as QB this year if he SHUTS THE EFF UP!!

My belief does not lay in his abilities from what we've last witnessed, but in the the belief that he has learned something by sitting and watching this past season, his being around this off season, and the coaching staff.

I also honestly believe that KFC is NOT the answer to our QB position that everyone seems so sure of. He's a a stop gap at best. I wonder what the outcome would have been if the DB's that dropped the 6-7 INT's that he threw directly to them had caught them, would everyone would feel the same about KFC being OUR QB?? and would our record have been 13-3?? Ponder that for a minute.

Something tells me KFC's luck will run out this season, and those dropped INT's will be caught this year.

So VY MAY see the field, I just wish/hope he's learned he playbook, and earn the trust of the fans and his teammates, and by God take a public speaking course or 5 or 6 of them.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

there is a better chance of the lions winning the super bowl then vy regaining the starting job.

i say...leave and become the next billy volek!!!

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Vince wants out of he doesn't start..

Brand new espn piece just states that vince wants to play elsewhere next year of he is not the starter this year. Not news really.

Nothing wrong with saying that i would expect him to feel that way and want to start somewhere. And of course if he does not start this year the titans will not want to pay him so the attitudes are mutual.

Obviously vince can't prove that he can play in the nfl by sitting on the bench so i understand his frustration but it is how he handles things that matter.

7. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

already a thread for this one buddy...just letting you know.

8. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Seriously, am I the only person on earth that has noticed that almost every game Vince has ever really struggled in as a pro was when he had leg injury issues? Like most of 07, and the first game last year. This guy should NEVER be on the field if he cannot be a threat to run. NEVER! That was the coaching staff's fault, as much as anyones. When Vince wasn't 100% with his legs, Kerry should have been playing. Vince Young has never been, and never will be a great pocket passer. He has a very strong arm, and amazing scrambling skills. He can be a very effective QB in the NFL. When Vince can't run, Vince sucks. When Vince was healthy, and was a threat to run when he rolled out of the pocket, he was the rookie of the year, and made the cover of madden. Think about it. That was the only time he's been on the field in the NFL as a healthy Vince Young. Am I missing something? I'mnot crazy about the way he has handled some things from an emotional standpoint, but there is no doubt in my mind that Vince is healthy right now, and that's all he needs to be the Vince Young he was his rookie year. You people are WAY too quick to write Vince off! Have none of you even considered the leg injuries? The Titans tried to turn Vince into a pocket QB 2 years ago rather than put Kerry in the game. Whether or not it completely ruined his career remains to be seen, but it has certainly ruined most Titans fans opinion of him. Most fans are not smart enough to realize the things I've mentioned in this post.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I just saw the espn story 5 minutes ago.

10. smileyforall

smileyforall Da Blue Mamba

In my opinion the organization set him up to fail. Because of his back loaded contract, he has no chance to prove himself since Kerry has the starting job. The only way I could see him on the roster is if he takes a pay cut. I do feel for him though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar