If he won't play, VY ready to go elsewhere

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I wanna hear Merril Hoge's comment on this statement. I just know he is sitting back laughing his butt off at this. Surely he has something to say. :grrhee:

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

True as pudding is soft, but we haven't seen Vince play in an entire year. He may actually have matured into a smarter Quarterback. I would hate to see Vince leave, because I see real 'super star' potential in the man. I know most Titans fans or at least some, want Vince out. I understand the frustration of a pressing fan base as he has arguably set the offense back a season. Had we gone Jay Cutler or someone else proven successful, maybe our offense is a top 5 total yards by now. However the guy did what he was suppose to in carrying a lousy offense into January. He has only played really one full season, and did well all alone. He must be and is upset with a drastically reduced roll. I would be to. That isn't call being immature or childish. This player all in all will win us ball games orthodox or not. Kerry Collins has what, 16-20 games left in the tank? We need to play Vince a minimum 50% of the time in pre-season to see where he really is. Taking 3-4 snaps late in December didn't prove squat (good or bad). Sure creating a stir in Nashville trying to make an issue out of nothing substantial is annoying to hear in June, but the man is simply making a business move if nothing else. After hearing the radio clip, I can form the opinion that Vince isn't looking to leave the Titans. He also doesn't want to rote on the sideline for another year. Fisher had better find some packages to maximize his players talents.

3. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Media savy he's not, but we all know that he never means to speak negatively the team, everytime he says anything, fans start hating him for it. Bottom line, we've heard vince speak enough to know never to just flat out assume the worst. So i never pay much attention to what he says. But as i said before, i love the guy, im a die hard fan but i wish he would stfu and let his play do the talking. I hate the offseason.:hmm:

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

and what play would that be? Is it where he is hanging shirtless with his boys drinking straight from the bottle or on stage with Nelly and throwing money into the crowd or listening to his music on the sidelines instead of going over to see what Collins and Simms and the OC are talking about.

He was ok his first yr since the defenses weren't sure how to play him but once they did he was lost. He realized this wasn't college anymore and no one was in awe of him. Lets face it he was another wasted draft pick

5. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

some one email this thread to vince young and let me throw in .......... STFU and get good at football

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

We still need to drat a qb next year regardless

7. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

even colin cowherd made a mention about his lack of intelligence
    ________
    E CIGARETTE

8. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Video: Schlereth on Vince Young

<div><object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0" width="440" height="361"><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="height" value="361" /><param name="width" value="440" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="src" value="http://espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=4223992" /><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" height="361" width="440" wmode="transparent" src="http://espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=4223992"></embed></object></div> <p>ESPN's Mark Schlereth comments on Tennessee quarterback Vince Young's desire to play or be traded.</p>

More...

9. DJB

DJB Starter

I dont see the big deal with Youngs comments. Isn't it basically the same thing Kerry Collins said a few months back? There's nothing wrong with wanting to be a starter.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Mark Schlereth's son is playing in the big leagues now, sow don't expect Mark Schlereth's football analyst skills to improve. He is all about baseball, that he is over looking important points in football. I want people to realize Vince is a competitor, and by sitting on the bench instead of playing he is very frustrated. I'd imagine Vince simply wants to be in the mix of things, and doesn't need to be the starting QB to be content. Tennessee has invested a lot into Vince so why put him on the back burner when he can be very productive. If the Titans are willing to shuffle up the playbook for Chris Johnson why not do the same for Vince in order to get him on the field more. It makes zero sense to me what ESPN has to gain with this slander towards Vince Young.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar