If I were scheduling trips now ...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Apr 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

<em>Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky</em> <p>Things change as the season progresses. And some games that look good from an AFC South perspective look even better from the vantage point of an opponent's division -- which means one of my seven blogging colleagues could wind up there instead of me.</p> <p>But zipping through the schedule on April 15, here are the games I'd tell my bosses I'd like to be at if I had to book all my travel for the 2009 season right now.</p> <p><strong>Week 1</strong></p> <p>Thursday, Sept. 10: Tennessee at Pittsburgh<br /> Sunday, Sept. 13: Jacksonville at Indianapolis</p> <p><strong>Week 2</strong></p> <p>Sunday, Sept. 20: Houston at Tennessee<br /> Monday, Sept. 21: Indianapolis at Miami</p> <p><strong>Week 3</strong></p> <p>Sunday, Sept. 27: Indianapolis at Arizona. (Rare is the occasion where I'd choose to bypass a game between two division teams, but Tennessee at Jacksonville has nowhere near the intrigue for me right now as Peyton Manning vs. Kurt Warner.)</p> <p><strong>Week 4</strong></p> <p>Sunday, Oct. 4: Tennessee at Jacksonville</p> <p><strong>Week 5</strong></p> <p>Sunday, Oct. 11: Indianapolis at Tennessee</p> <p><strong>Week 6</strong></p> <p>Sunday, Oct. 18: Tennessee at New England</p> <p><strong>Week 7</strong></p> <p>Sunday, Oct. 25: San Francisco at Houston (I'd be overdue to see Houston in this slate, but circumstances could prompt a flip to Indianapolis at St. Louis.)</p> <p><strong>Week 8</strong></p> <p>Sunday, Nov. 1: Jacksonville at Tennessee</p> <p><strong>Week 9</strong></p> <p>Sunday, Nov. 8: Houston at Indianapolis</p> <p><strong>Week 10</strong></p> <p>Sunday, Nov. 15: New England at Indianapolis</p> <p><strong>Week 11</strong></p> <p>Sunday, Nov. 22: Indianapolis at Baltimore<br /> Monday, Nov. 23: Tennessee at Houston</p> <p><strong>Week 12</strong></p> <p>Sunday, Nov. 29: Indianapolis at Houston</p> <p><strong>Week 13</strong></p> <p>Sunday, Dec. 6: Tennessee at Indianapolis</p> <p><strong>Week 14</strong></p> <p>Sunday, Dec. 13: Miami at Jacksonville</p> <p><strong>Week 15</strong></p> <p>Thursday, Dec. 17: Indianapolis at Jacksonville<br /> Sunday, Dec. 20: Houston at St. Louis</p> <p><strong>Week 16</strong></p> <p>Friday, Dec. 25: San Diego at Tennessee<br /> Sunday, Dec. 27: Houston at Miami</p> <p><strong>Week 17</strong></p> <p>Sunday, Jan. 3: Indianapolis at Buffalo or Tennessee at Seattle (Can't decide that one until we know the potential playoff implications.)</p>

More...

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I know it's mostly because it's a division thing, but come on, he didn't pick any week where a non-division game was more interesting?

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

well mister, I can tell you that Tennessee will only be playing there starters for 4 series and Indianapolis will be in a dog-fight for their life

if you wanna see a close, hard nosed battle go to Buffalo
    if you want to see domination, fly to Seattle and watch the Seawhawks get their butt whipped

4. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Meanwhile back in the real world TJ Whoseyamomma will be torching our secondary..at least he better be the one doing it because I have no clue who their other WRs are :suspect:

5. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

He covers the AFC South - those are the games he goes to. It's that simple.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Yeah, but these are the "games he'd like to be at", not the games he has to cover. It's just strange to me. He really thinks that Tennessee @ Jags is the best week 4 game? And that Miami @ Jags is the best week 14 game? Come on.

7. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

These are the games he would like to be at to cover - perhaps he could word it better but all the games he picked include AFC South teams - so it's pretty clear that he is choosing which AFC South games are the most interesting to him. He doesn't get assigned to cover games outside of the division since he blogs for the AFC South.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar