If Jarvis Jones falls to ten do you take him?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by rodgev, Jan 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

If he drops, I'd be worried about what other doctors are finding.

He could be a 4-3 OLB. He played that at USC, but I don't think he is the next Von Miller.

2. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Starter

Take him.

This defense needs game-changers. Jones could be elite. We don't have anyone at any position on defense that's good enough to justify passing up someone with his kind of talent.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'd rather take Star, Warmack, or Dee Milliner.

4. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I'm really surprised at all the answers I'm seeing. I think Jarvis Jones is the 2nd best player in the draft behind Star L.

When Von Miller came out everyone said he was strictly a 3-4 guy and would work best at OLB in a 3-4. Denver took him and he's still an impact player and among the league leader in sacks every year.

Jarvis really reminds me of Von. If he's there, there's no way we can pass on him. Because McCarthy can't stay healthy and is a little undersized to play, we put Jones at MLB ala Von Miller and let him rush from there. Can you imagine the blitzes we could come up with with Jones, Ayers, and Brown? Then if one of them gets tired, we bring McCarthy off the bench!

5. J Falk

J Falk Starter

yes

6. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

The Rams would trade up for him with Rob Ryan set to change the Rams to a 3-4.
    Having Quinn and J.Jones OLB's would be awesome.

We trade our 1st and 3rd rounder to the Rams for their 1st(16),2nd and a 5th.

7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'd rather take Warmack if he makes it to 10. Dude seems too damn good to pass on.

8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I always listen to trade offers and I think we would have plenty if he were to fall to us.

I take him over Warmack if that is the choice. I can find a solid starting OG in the 2nd rnd. Not as likely to find a playmaker like Jones in the 2nd rnd. If you can't find a way to use Jones in your defense then you need a new DC. Jones can play in either a 3-4 or a 4-3. The draft is for getting playmakers/leaders not for filling needs. Filling needs is what FA is for.

Would it be an easy decision??? Not at all, but as of now I have Jones rated higher than Warmack on my board.

9. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I've seen you post this several times. What makes you think Von Miller plays MLB?

Also, I think Miller was faster than Jones and better against the run and as a pass guy.

10. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I never said Von played MLB. I was talking about how people said he only fit one system but has been successful in a different system than people thought and was saying I think Jarvis is so good he can be versatile like that. I said put Jarvis at MLB because McCarthy is the easiest of the starting LBs to replace because of his being prone to injury.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar