If Munchak is out, it shouldn't be today

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Dec 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Maybe its because of my work history and disliking corporations.(been let go with no notice 3 times the past 12 years)

hes been with the organization for 30 years. The only major name out there is Smith (if im correct?? could be wrong. Other than analysts) To drop him 3 weeks early just seems like an insult. I do understand and agree with you if we have plans to pursue someone like Smith, but maybe he isnt on our radar?

idk.. just seems like a slap in the face

I also understand the fear of winning pointless games and him keeping his job, but I dont think RW and the organization is stupid enough to do that because we beat some bottom feeders. Im sure they know his record against winning teams too

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

There's no way we dump Munchak this week if at all after this season. He's been loyal to this organization his entire adult life, no way they just turn their back on him like that. The Titans are a family business, and loyalty goes a long ways when family is involved, and as much as you all may hate to hear this, Mike Munhcak is family.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Damian Williams HS coach

:trophy:

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

If Bud was alive I would agree. Given the way family businesses often go I am willing to bet family members were waiting for the old guy to die so they could do what they wanted.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I guess I can get on board with that. But it's just our history of letting "finishing a poor season strong" save the HC's job that worries me. And IDK, I just don't see firing someone with 1 year left on his contract as being all that much better than firing someone with 1 year and 3 weeks left on his contract. If you're gonna fire the guy either way I think you could make the argument that going ahead and doing it and not making him face constant questions of his impending doom on a weekly basis is actually less cruel.

But oh well. I just hope he's gone. Whether it's today or December 30th.

6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

My gut feeling is that Munch coaches out his contract because Smith won't want to rock the boat after just taking over the head job. Munch and Locker go down together next year. Then we re-boot with a new coach and new QB.

But if Smith sits down with unbiased eyes and realizes that his coach has only beaten 1 team that ended the season with a winning record in 3 years and that his coach has an abysmal record in division games then Munch will be gone immediately after the season ends.

7. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

8. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Fisher... scarred for life lol

I still dont think they are going to fire him at the end of the season. And honestly, the main reason i would be okay with firing him is finding someone better. Still think it means nothing until we have some answer at QB.

Id be pretty pissed if he was kept because "he finished strong". The next 3 games mean absolutely nothing. Hes had 3 years and if we are going to fire him, it should be based on that, not 3 games.

9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

[​IMG]

10. XO

XO Nevada Native

Lol she looks so unhappy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar