If not Jeff Fisher................who?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Our 08 situation..

Going into 08 we are going to be an established team with established QB, RB and hopfully WRs and defense. We certainly will not be in a rebuilding phase, we will be expecting to win so we don't need a huge changeover.

If they don't resign fisher long term then the best bet in that situation might be to keep someone in house for stability reasons. Norm chow would be a good choice in that case. Norm would get the best d-coordinator he knew and hand the keys to the defense over to that guy. He would get an offensive coordinator who not only knows offense but also has head coach potential. Those might be the only changes.

The plan could be for chow to coach just a couple of years and then take a front office position leaving the job to his hand picked successor. Chow will be 61 then not too old to succeed but maybe too old for a real long career.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Do we have any evidence that Norm Chow is ready for a head coaching job? I know he's been looked at, but he's never held the position, and I wouldn't say that his offense has been amazing. I think we got by last year on Vince, not on Chow's scheme. I like Chow, but I wouldn't want him as head coach at this point. Maybe after 3 or 4 more years in the pros.

3. Delaware Titan

Delaware Titan Camp Fodder

Lets bring back Greg Williams! And dump Schwartz

4. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

Or...let's just start by dumping shwartzie-poo. :grrhee:

5. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

Jeff Fisher is the only coach for this team I dont want anyone else in that position. He is the only coach to take this franchise Oilers/Titans to the super bowl and he has taken them to the playoffs several times. Took and 0-5 team last year with a messed up qb situation to start the season and all that and ended up one win from playoff bound. 12yrs 60 million sign him and keep him there is not a coach I would rather have here in Tennessee.

6. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

Oh man, if not Fisher, then I would definetly want Dennis Green. That dude is so funny. We would stink, but at least Biddle/Climer/and Paul K. could piss him off at the press conferences.

"THE BEARS ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THERY WERE! IF YOU WANT TO CROWN THEM, THEN CROWN THEIR ***!"

7. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

That'd be nice, but he's getting more money in Washington than a lot of head coaches and he's pretty much going to take over that team once Gibbs retires.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar