If one of the Top running backs slips do we take a chance?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by KingTitan25, Mar 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

Should we with our 1st pick then go wr or de 2nd? I think if Mendenhall slips to our pick we should think about it. Maybe even felix Jones. Best shot is Jones. Especially with Jonathan Stewart being out 4 to 6 mounths. I think he would definitly would be there. Lendale white has done us good after going over 1000 yards last yr. However the way I see it with White is this. White is a big big back. A guy like him will run hard for 2 - 4 years then start to break down I think. Especially with him if he doesn't keep his weight in control. We could draft one of these guys and have a stud in the wings when Lendale gets knicked up or wants more money(which he seems like the type of player that wants a lot of attention). All I am saying is this even a thought when we pick. Good idea or bad idea. I just see him wanting more money when his contract comes up, and he woudnt be worth it I don't think. Bettis would be the exception for their size of rb's.

2. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I think you almost have to try to grab a RB early this year, if one is on the board. Especially with the type of back we're looking for - less of a pounder and more someone who we can use heavily with screens. From all I've gathered from MR and Fisher I think they definitely have their eye on doing that... the only question is if they are thinking 1st day or not. I'm expecting a 1st day RB pick. In our offense RB is more valuable than WR, and the Titans are historically wary of 1st rd WR picks.

3. maximus

maximus Starter

Yeah, if McFadden dropped to 24, MR should be fired for not picking him. The 23 other GMs should also be fired for not picking McFadden either ;)

4. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

i would want mendenhall if i could pick assuming mcfadden is out of the picture.

5. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I think it's a very good possibility that we'll take one early. We are in a position to draft BPA or trade down with our first pick. Outside of WR, we really have no dire needs, and I just don't see us going WR in the first. I can honestly see us trading out of the first to pick up another 2nd and a 3rd or a 4th.

But, if Mendenhall somehow gets past Chicago, Arizona, and Houston then we almost have to take him.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm still willing to wager the Titans don't touch RB on the first day and might even go as far as the entire draft.

7. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Think they're happy with Ganther as the #3?

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Nope. They'll probably bring in a vet before free agency ends or someone released during cuts.

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

If Stewart drops to day 2 I hope we'll be all over him.

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I'd guess the Titans don't draft one high, but I think Stewart and Mendenhall are instant upgrades that I wouldn't complain about. Kinda doubt both are there, and they are the only two complete backs I'd touch at 24.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar