If RGIII is Cleveland's guy, do they trade with us...?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanUpB4UGO, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I believe it Brave...We aren't trading...

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Browns have too many needs to give up starter level picks for 1 guy... and one of those needs is DL. If they didn't want Wentz, I'm guessing they see more value in taking Bosa or Buckner #2 and an OT or WR or some other big time prospect at #32 than in just taking Tunsil.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

I think its entirely possibly Cleveland gets talked into trading up to 1....but... only if they are completely in love with Wentz and are fairly positive the Titans plan to trade someone the pick to sneak in and grab him. In that scenario they would definitely consider trading whatever it takes to move up the one spot and get their guy. This all going down like this though seems highly unlikely.

4. SanDiegoTitan

SanDiegoTitan Starter

Titans Plan A: Cleveland get spooked and swaps picks with us for a 3rd rounder and we take Tunsil

Titans Plan B: We take Tunsil

At this point thats all I see happening.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Your own words don't make sense. You're first saying they can't get a starting RT at #32. But then you said MOST (not ALL) of the starting caliber OT's would be gone by then...not all!!! And then you called Schwartz a quality OT they lost. Where do you think Schwartz was taken?

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Titans are taking Tunsil.....Now....we need to focus on rds 2-4 where it matters even more to be honest.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Cleveland wants more picks, theyre not trading away half their draft to move up 1 slot.

The mistake I believe they'll make is taking a QB at 2. And good let them lol

8. SanDiegoTitan

SanDiegoTitan Starter

Half their draft?

I don't think its a possibility either, just saying that is what TN brass plan A will likely be, in other words, their dream scenario.

Not sure why @CalgaryTitansFan gave me the BS. I wasn't saying thats happening, just saying I get the feeling TN is hoping it will.

9. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

I
    I gave you bs because you said the only options you see it's trading with the Browns, or taking Tunsil.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

Genius, when you have the No. 2 pick, you don't need to trade half your draft. The trade value chart is relative to the number of picks a team would drop. One pick, low value. Many picks = high value. Just one pick on day 2 would do it...but it depends. If Cleveland wants the same player they know we plan to take, then they might have to add more to the pot. They know we aren't taking a QB, and we would be fine taking Tunsil at 2 and getting a 2nd or maybe as little as a 3rd Rd + late Rd pick.

My point was that I honestly think Cleveland would be nuts to go ahead and draft a QB at No.2, now. If you are Hugh Jackson and believe you can coach RGIII up and get him back to Pro Bowl form, then you are wasting a rare No.2 overall pick, on a player you actually hope you don't need.

That being said, they do need to hedge their bets, and can do so by drafting Connor Cook at No.32 or going with Prescott or Hogan in Rd 3. It's even pragmatic for them to be patient and perhaps take a QB like Hackenburg in the 4th or 5th (don't think he is worth any more than a 4th, based on his lack of production the past 2 seasons). If they do plan to give RGIII a legit shot, then taking Wentz at No.2 would demolish those plans. You don't waste a Top 3 pick on a guy you plan to sit for a couple of years. You just don't.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar