If RGIII is Cleveland's guy, do they trade with us...?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanUpB4UGO, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I love TitanUps posts because they are so stupid and then he gets all defensive when everyone says they are stupid.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

In todays league no most teams dont use a top pick and sit them, but that used to be the best way to get guys ready and still works.

McNair was picked 3rd overall and he sat for a while, then went onto having a great career.

I think Cleveland has to go QB at 2. I like RG3 myself, but no way Id hitch my wagon to him at this point, take a guy at 2 if youre Cleveland and show him the way. Very likely the #2 pick plays in Cleveland this year, RG3's style opens him up to hits.

When we had Locker in 2014 I was dying for us to take a QB that draft because Locker had the same issues RG3 does today, and look how that went for us. Yea we eventually landed Mariota but you couldnt have predicted that in 2014 until after the season wrapped up.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

I understand the desire to hedge their bets, but let's face it, when you draft a QB that high, you are communicating in no uncertain terms that he IS going to be the starter at some point THAT season....usually right away. Cam Newton, Luck, Bortles, Winston, Mariota....all went in the top 3 and did so. RGIII knows he would have no chance to win the starting job, and I cannot believe he would dare sign with Cleveland knowing they planned to take a QB with the No.2 pick.

Remember, Cleveland is well known to be the place where QB's careers go to die. If he was content to be a placeholder and backup, then he would have tried to angle for such a role in Denver or SF. It's more probable than most people think, that Hugh Jackson believes he can restart RGIII's career. He simply cannot do both...jumpstart his career and draft a QB No.2 overall. They will likely take the BPA and then select a QB at 32.

They have some good options in the draft, beyond the 1st and 2nd Rd, to get a QB they can mold to being a solid backup if not a starter, if RGIII doesn't work out. That is what I think they will do.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar