If Santonio Holmes becomes available, do you want him?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jun 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This guy has had issue after issue. As a teenager Holmes sold drugs, as a Steeler he was arrested many times and sued. Now in New York, he's still acting out.. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d829a8557/article/santonio-holmes-gives-jets-glimpse-of-trouble-ahead

You would think after all this he'd grow up some, but nope, not this guy. However, he is extremely talented, and the Jets are at his mercy. Besides him they have very little at the WR position.

He's under contract until 2016, so cutting Holmes would be a little surprising for the Jets, BUT he's certainly expendable. 654-yards in 16 games is replaceable.

If he were to be released, would Titan fans want to take on the challenge of putting up with this guy? He was a Super Bowl MVP once, and does have a knack for making big plays.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

No. If we didn't have Britt or draft Wright I would say maybe/yes. But at this stage I am happy with what we have.

3. JCBRAVE

He's an upgrade thou, and you should know GM's are always looking to improve. He is better than Williams, Hawkins, and Mariani.

NOT that I want him, but I'm curious to see what people think of him.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Upgrade to who though?

Wright - Yes, but we don't know what we have in Wright
    Washington - At best it's a push, at worse Nate had a better season
    Britt - Perhaps, depends on the injury.
    Williams - Yes
    Hawkins - Yes

But do we go for the guy to be the 4th option?

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

Nice point, probably not, but still, he's got skills, and may be an option soon if he keeps up his shenanigans.

Only if Kenny didn't return to form would I think theres any chance we try for him if he's available.

Then again, Munchak is a no nonsense kinda guy, so........

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I would say yes, but he's a starting WR. We already have two starters in Britt and Washington and just drafted another WR in the 1st round.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Nope.

He's not really an upgrade to either of the starters we have now and he's A LOT more expensive. One season over 1,200 yards and 55 catches.

Aside from his one great season he averages about 51 catches, 797 yards and 6 TDs. Nothing special.

8. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

No. Cancer

Munch wouldn't let him in our locker room anyway. look at the emphasis on attitude and such as of late with the drafting... Never happen.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

No. It's time to see if Britt can't stay healthy, get the new guy involved, and see if Nate Washington can put together another great season. As well as use all those TEs we love to draft.

10. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

No,locker room cancer and kills team chemistry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar