If Schwartz leave.. Williams comes here

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by therealtitandea, Jan 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Unfortunately, we have to give him credit. Especially because guys were able to step in and play right away when the others went down. And not only that, we finally had the courage to cut the dead weight. I think we are on the right path, and Jimmy has done a good job organizing the defense to it's strength. Regardless of what we think we saw, the numbers speak for themselves. The Defense worked. I may not like the the style, but I cannot argue with the results.

2. Bulluck

Bulluck Camp Fodder

You're right... they did play. Just not well

3. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

We were like a completely different defense when Al went down. Lucky it happened at the end of the Carolina game and not the 1st half as we would of lost that game to and missed the playoffs.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Don't you all understand how it works? Schwartz only gets blame for a bad defense. He doesn't get any credit for finishing fifth this season.

That's on the players.

:sarcasm:

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

We had a lot more than Albert go down tho'. We lost Pac Man, Hope, and Harper for multiple games, but still closed with one of the best defenses. Everybody was ready to play except for that 3 game stretch when Al went down. Overall, the Defense was able to adjust very nicely.

6. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

JS did a great job this year. Yes, the DL stepped up, but that was partly Schwartz too. He called the stunts and moved the players around on third downs and such. It was a great job. My only criticism is that I thought he played too soft in the fourth quarter. That's always been true, and it may be influenced by Fisher for all know.

I've been anti-Schwartz for some time now, but I have to give him credit this year. He called some good games.

7. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

I heard it was KVB that calls all the stunts. I specifically remember Kyle telling Al about doing one with him if the offense was in a certain formation when he had a mic in his helmet.

8. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

What did Jim do differently? Please, tell me. What did he do that was so different from last year? Did he blitz a lot more often? Did he run more than 5 different plays? What? What did he do?

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He put KVB at Middle Linebacker!

10. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Yeah, he did blitz more, especially early in the season. He also shuffled the D-Line around, and the stunts they ran were crazy. As for giving the credit to KVB, if they hadn't practiced those stunts, how the entire D-Line know what to do??? He also kept our secondary above average despite losing it's best playmaker. I remember one specific play where Harper directly gave Schwartz credit for an interception he caught.

This is seriously getting ridiculous. In '06, we ranked 32nd (Yds/G) despite having the 14th ranked take away defense and even having our defense squeak a couple games out for us. People wanted Schwartz's head on a pike. 5th ranked defense in '07??? No, it was just the players. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar