If Schwartz leave.. Williams comes here

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by therealtitandea, Jan 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

He'll be back. If he'd done well in his 'interviews' we would've heard it by now. I've probably been the #1 Schwartz hater...and I absolutely hate the way he goes soft when we have any kind of lead. But we did pull a 180 from last year...so, hack hack...I guess he deserves the credit. I only wish he were more aggressive and had a killer instinct. I don't want to be a top 5 bend and don't break defense, i want to be a top 5 DAM those guys are psychos defense. I think we all want that.

2. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

No, he really did not blitz that much more often. We used the corner blitz a few times last year, and that was who he had blitzing if he did blitz (most of the time). The only smart thing that he did was with the d-line shuffling. Stunts and all that are common to almost every d-line...nothing that Jim did out-of-the-ordinary. And our secondary was fine until JIm decided to start running a cover-2 a bunch at the end of the year. He was not putting players like Cortland, Griffin, and Lowry in position to succeed when we ran a Cover 2, mainly because Cortland cant play in a zone, Lowry cant, and Griffin just isnt ready yet to take that deep of a third.

The guy also gets real comfy with leads...no matter how big. You can check out the first Texans game and the Chargers games for that proof.

3. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

The linebackers blitzed quite a bit more often, albeit, unsuccessfully. Except for KVB, we all wanted huge changes along the D-Line during last offseason. The FO didn't make a single acquisition (except for late draft picks that didn't pan out). In fact, they let Smith walk. How can you not give Schwartz any credit??? It's the SAME LINE that only produced 25 sacks in '06!!!

Schwartz using the cover-2 late in games toward the end of the season, to me anyway, says something about the condition of our players going down the stretch. A lot of those guys were pretty beat up. Either that or Schwartz over-thought his gameplan, which is definitely possible, but is still nitpicking when you consider the overall performance of our defense. We still had a top ten pass defense.

Hey, I'd love to have Ryan here, or Williams, either one. Hell, if you can believe it, many Jaguar fans want Mike Smith gone. If Mike Smith wants to coach here, I might plot on Schwartz myself (If Smith is cut loose, watch your *** Schwartz), but on the other hand, if Schwartz is again, our DC next season, I won't be disappointed, and you've yet to give me one good reason why I should be.

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Now the Redskins are saying they're bringing in a "mystery candidate" to interview.
    Sounds like they don't want to name Williams HC for whatever reason. Surprising...

5. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

They're interviewing Fossil for a 2nd time. Since they're friends, wouldn't it be funny if he were hired and brought in Billick as OC? A reversal of fortune from when they were together on the Ratbirds.

Seriously, would Williams stay in Washington if he were not named HC?

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

That's what I was thinking. I would think he want to get the hell out of there after 4 interviews. Think he would naturally feel slighted.

I'm no fan of Schwartz, I'm not sure if Williams would come back and have success like he did previously, but if he decides to leave Washington we have to at least show interest right?

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

2006 - hows that for a reason

8. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Our top 5 defense allowed an average of 32 points in those 3 games without Albert.

Those were the games Schwartz didn't have to rely on Albert's contract and see where that got him...

9. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Not much of a reason going into '08

10. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Albert came back??? Yeah, I know he did, but he was reduced to spot duty in some games, and he never played up to the level he was at before he was injured. Defese still played well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar