If the playoffs started today... and my perspective on it all.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by World Peace, Nov 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Its no bullsh**t i have actually bought into Fisher approach,1 game at a time. I think if we start predictin games it only sets up for disappointment or glory depending the outcome IMO. But i dont mind reading Titans and Superbowl in the same sentence :lol:

2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Don't get me wrong, I want to win every game, especially the BIG game. But this isn't the BCS, and going undefeated is not a priority, it's just pretty. As New England proved last year, going undefeated in the regular season doesn't mean shat if you can't end it the same way.

Losing a game and not being a winner are not the same. I understand what you guys are getting at, but once we make the playoffs, I would rather be Champs, then a yard away again.

3. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

But I don't think we need to lose a game to be motivated to win in the playoffs.

If we don't win it all this season, it won't be because we wern't hungry enough. New England lost the Super Bowl last season because they were out-coached in the big game and were beaten by the better team. The result would have been the same if they had finished the regular season 15-1.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

Exactly, we don't have the ego's, and our mentality (players and coaches) is alot better. I think the playoffs will be just another game to knock down and go on to the next one.

5. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I personally wouldn't mind going 16-0..

Even if we don't win the superbowl, we can brag about our perfect season for the next 200 years.

Many different teams have won the superbowl over the last 43 years, but only 2 have had perfect seasons. I wouldn't mind the Titans being among those teams mentioned whenever the subject is brought up.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'd hate to be 18 - 1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar