If the price was right... I'd go after him

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanpride, Dec 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

Resource: Detroit Free Press

- Even though Joey Harrington will start Saturday against New Orleans and has two years left on his contract, the Lions could decide to cut ties after this season with the quarterback they drafted third overall in 2002. Harrington wants to finish what he began in Detroit. But he also wonders what it would be like to get a fresh start elsewhere.

Players in this situation... you have to look at the intangibles and what they would bring to the table, given the right opportunity... Farve is a great example. I'm not comparing Harrington to Farve, I'm comparing simular situations.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

3. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

I hesitated with the thought also at first, but given his talent and the thought of what he could do under Chow's offense... I would seriously consider it depending on the price.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'd give him a box of marbles, nothing else. Take it or leave it.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Joey has much better weapons at his disposal
    and has had ample time to prove his worth

despite having a good game this year (against San Fran?)
    he has proven that he isn't a Pro caliber QB

he might not even make our roster

I'd rather take my chances with Mauch than Joey

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

in other words - in my best Betty Boop impression :

"No , No , a Thousand times No"

7. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Huh?

Is he shooting for an 0-16 record?

8. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

i'd trade a 5th for him... thats about it. he'd be a good backup

9. user44

user44 Guest

Joey Harrington would be a great backup, I still think he has a shot to develop into a decent nfl passer but no way he lives up to his times square billboard hype. Sucks to see him struggle because he seems like a real good guy, it was a lot more fun seeing Ryan Leaf suck ***

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I was actually thinking of grabbing him if as said the price was right, get a rookie in the draft as well and have Mac come back for another year. Get some healthy competition for the spot.

Besides, as I've said before, there's more to the mess in Detroit than Harrington. I mean Garcia hasn't exactly been lighting it up either, despite all the "star" receivers. My bet is even P. Manning couldn't get that team to .500.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar