If the rumors are true..........

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by fitantitans, Apr 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Just to clarify, I agree, I think Steve is a totally separate issue than who we're drafting. However, looking separately at that issue, most people outside this board seem to think we're going to take Lienart.

2. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

I honestly think he'll be gone. Someone will trade up with the Saints...we will have to choose between Vince and Cutler.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

more experienced??

4. i hope that we someone takes leinhart caues i dont want a chance in hell at gettin him, i would much rather have cutler over him, but i want big V

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

oh...KobeChaz, thanks for reminding me of the position of Bus Cook's client. We've got to remember, it all about what's best for Steve.

[​IMG]

First of all, Leon is a busy man. And second, I gotta step back once in a while and give the other athletes some air time. Leon tends to steal the show. I mean, that’s one day - you get Leon the other 364.

I’ll catch y’all during Spring...Training.

As Leon always says, "I ain’t playin unless someone is payin'." I’m out.

6. KobeChaz

KobeChaz Guest

Leon, that dude is a riot! Does anybody else think that when Bus released that statement, that was when the $#!^ hit the fan at BSP? Both sides seemed to be posturing prior to that statement. Then it turned real ugly. Now it looks like the relationship has reached the point of no return. At this point, I am hoping for something in return for Steve. Now, I have to find a new jersey for the wife and kid. I'll sport my personalized one until after the draft.

7. Greenlawler

Greenlawler Gorman Thomas Fan Club

Lifelong Vandy fan just checking in to tell all you Leinart bashers to get real. What is Carson Palmer doing right now? Who is Chow going to mold? Everybody acts like Cutler was this savior at Vandy...those are people who did not watch the games. Sometimes Cutlers decision making was less like Joe Montana more like Ryan Leaf, and before you start giving crap about the o-line, it was not an issue of timeing or missed routes it was poor decisions and inaccuracy. Jay is great...yeah for Jay, but Jay was no Whit Taylor :) Let me remind you that Vandy was 5-6 with losses to MTSU and Kentucky. Jay had alot to do with the performance in those games.
    I think Jay will be a decent player, but Leinart is a stud. Take off your Vandy glasses and see. To all of you who want Vince, well I could live with him too.

8. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

Ahhh...finally....someone who agrees with me....

9. Troupe4Prez

Troupe4Prez Guest

From one Vandy fan to another, did you sneak a flask into every home game or something? Its not his o-line???? Lets look at this in 11 games last year he was sacked 23 times compared to Leinarts 17 and Youngs 13. he threw 9 interceptions to Youngs 10, he also had more yards per game (279.4) than Young (233.5) . Not to mention more passing yards than Young. Now in saying this I am not making Cutler a better prospect than Young or Leinart I don't believe that is the case at all.(Just remember they had two extra games to play with the conference title and Bowl game) But to say he is only amazing because he performed well on a shotty team is a little demeaning. The guy put up serious numbers against some of the best defenses in the Country. Yes he made some terrible decisions but Leinart made some questionable decisions throughout the year and in the Rose Bowl. If you watched even a few home games this year you would realize that the amazing Earl bennet didn't truly come into the picture until the end of the season. The first few games Erik Davis and Marlon White were dropping on average 3 to 4 passes a game. When your receivers drop that many passes a game you start to lose faith in them. Leinart and Young deservedly are at the top of the QB class but Cutler has just as much of an opportunity to outshine both of them eventually in his career.

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

co-sign

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar