If The Titans miss it by one did CJ's holdout cost them a playoff spot?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Dec 7, 2011.

?
  1. Yes, no brainer.

60.0%
  2. No. his holdout and performance had no bearing.

24.0%
  3. Maybe - I'm not sure of stuff.

10.0%
  4. CJ is the awesomest! He can never be blamed for anything - ever.

6.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Yeah, he took it too far in CJ's favor. No further than you take it against CJ though. You're just as ridiculous.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

It's the poll question but it's clear you aren't going to admit that you are wrong.

No biggie, I wouldn't have wanted the $ anyway. But you did word the question as an absolute as many people besides me pointed out.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

If you think we would have lost anyway then that's that... I personally find it hard to think a prepared, and camp-hardened CJ doesn't make up a Field Goal difference in that game. Not only does he play better, but the team also then has an entire camp to get used to working with him rather than his stand-in (Ringer).

The forum doesn't allow me to change the title - as for clarification purposes I would have made it "If CJ doesn't hold out do we win Game one?" after getting bombarded with those semantics posts. Alas, we're stuck with it..
    Close to 30 people draw that line all the way to = playoff exclusion regardless.

4. Alex1939

Because a lot of people have turned against CJ because of the holdout and are hating on him regardless AND you worded the questions favorably towards the outcome you wanted.

I mean seriously, the "no" option is ridiculous with the "it has no bearing."

I think it has bearing, so what's my option? I just went with the most ridiculous one.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

And you've had three days to clarify your stance. Sorry, the poll doesn't allow me to edit to include "Alex' preferred" choice..

As I have stated here several times - my query was intended to find out if people think The Titans win game one if CJ doesn't hold out..

6. Alex1939

Hey it don't really matter to me. But if that what was all you wanted to know you did about as terrible a job as possible of wording your question.

7. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

Yes I think we would have won game one. But would CJ be this fresh to make this late push and carry us like he has the past few Ws?

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

would not mind at all being 8-4 right now.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

All for not if the team doesn't make the playoffs - D'oh!

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I'm sorry the wording offends you Alex. As stated several times the forum doesn't allow you to change the subject or poll questions after the fact.
    I would think the topic of a holdout being a reason the team doesn't make the playoffs worthy of debate on a team forum.
    We did in fact get 17 pages out of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar