If we could redo pick #18 ... who would you pick?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Apr 30, 2017.

?
  1. Adoree' Jackson

18 vote(s)
    41.9%
  2. O.J. Howard

8 vote(s)
    18.6%
  3. Jarrad Davis

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Charles Harris

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Even Engram

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Gareon Conley

7 vote(s)
    16.3%
  7. Jabrill Peppers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Tre'Davious White

3 vote(s)
    7.0%
  9. Reuben Foster

7 vote(s)
    16.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm more than pleased with how things went down, IDK what plays out if we move back but it doesn't matter

We got a lot better Thursday night

2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

We had a good draft, very happy with Davis and Jackson . I just think not having a 2 & 4 we missed out on some could talent that could help as well

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The 5 best players on the board @18 were:

TJ Watt
    OJ Howard,
    David Njoku
    Reuben foster
    Taco Carlton

Jackson and White were perhaps the 10th and 11th best players on my board. Not a bad pick but watch TJ Watt dominate the league for the next 10 years.

Conley was mentioned I would not use a 1st rd pick on him.

• Boring Boring x 1
  4. TitansAC4

TitansAC4 Starter

Would have preferred Lattimore at 5 and Oj at 18.

Strictly talking 18, I would have preferred white or Conley, I like big corners.

However, we got the best WR and a corner with a high ceiling that is crazy athletic.

5. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I like what we did...That said, I wanted Foster baaaad at 18. Yes, he has some blemishes, but he is an elite talent with an attitude. I also agree that TJ watt is gonna ball out.

6. Adrenalize74

Adrenalize74 Starter

I am happy with Jackson, but was hoping for Foster. I feel sometimes you just gotta take a chance on a guy like Foster. If he is not a head case, you could have an elite LB wreaking havoc all over the place making a HUGE impact on D.

Also would have taken White over Jackson, but its a pretty minor difference.

7. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I like Foster too. But I wouldn't have taken him.

With no second, we HAD to go WR CB or CB WR. You can argue that TE could substitute for WR in this offense, but we had two completely empty starting positions to fill.

Had we gone Lattimore at five, and all the WR were gone, I would have said Howard or Foster, one or the other.

And frankly, I'd say the chances Foster is a stud for years and years is slim. Let's look at the issues...

Already has bad shoulders supposedly.
    Is a head case. Apparently needed babysitting at Alabama.
    Is undersized. Already has heath concerns. How long can he last?

I see the guy as one who will be a baller, but only briefly. LB is like RB... get chewed up fast.

8. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

Yea I wanted Howard so bad paired with Davis but I understand why we had to get Jackson to address the secondary as well as drastically improving special teams. I wish we could have traded back a few spots to get better value for Jackson but you have to have somebody willing to trade up. If not nothing wrong with getting your guy. I trust Jrob has done enough homework on these guys to know they will develop into the kind of impact players we need to take that next step. I love the culture change we are going through. It's very blunt and obvious and I love it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

6 people picked Conley.............. you want to risk a first round pick on a guy who could be a guest of the Ohio correctional system for the early part of his career?

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

Some ppl haven't grasped the criteria JROB puts on first round picks. You have to check all the boxes that Jrob looks for in a player
    -High Character
    -Elite Production
    -Durability
    -reliabilty

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar