If we don't incorporate some Pistol next season our entire coaching staff should be banned from NFL

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Mar 7, 2013.

1. TheSureThing

TheSureThing WHY DIDNT YOU DRAFT JOHNNY FOOTBALL?!?

Seriously, after RG3 and Kaepernick lit up their entire schedule of opponents with it, it would be a CRIME against us as fans for the coaching staff not to put a package in their playbook.

We have a QB who is every bit athletic enough to operate out of it, who's also smart enough to pick it up, and a RB who might just be damn near unstoppable with the extra 2 steps the pistol would give him against the defense. I would also like to see some read option with Locker and Johnson as well, but I'm not going to expect too much out of this inept staff.

It's a copy cat league, we need to start using what's working for other teams and stop running draw plays with 40 seconds left and no timeouts down six.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

It's better we figure out what we do best instead of trying to emulate other teams.

But if we can pull it off then by all means make it happen.
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

I think you can count on us doing some of what the Seahawks do, just look at Hass spying on them

wilsopmhass.jpg
  4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Just get JL (audio) out of the pocket on more bootlegs and ill be happy.
  5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing WHY DIDNT YOU DRAFT JOHNNY FOOTBALL?!?

Yeah lets ignore the formation that defenses can't stop, and do what our 6-10 team does best. DIRT BALLS AND DRAW PLAYS HEALL YAH!
  6. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

Remind me which of these unstoppable teams won the Superbowl?
  7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Pretty sure the staff has already said they're going to implement a bit of each of those teams. Seahawks, 49ers, Redskins, etc.
  8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

With a full offseason to study it, defenses will be better prepared to slow it down.

Wildcard, Part 2.
  9. steverife

steverife Starter

Okay, so you have a quarterback that lines up 4 yards deep instead of 7 yards deep in the shotgun.... and the RB is behind the quarterback instead of next to him.

I don't see what is so magical about it, especially if you aren't specifically talking about read option plays.
  10. Alzarius

Alzarius Starter

The first thing that went through my head....

yea.. so he can get -4 yard runs instead of -1 yard runs. Our line will have to be a hell of a lot better.

I dont care what we use, I just want some life out of both phases next year.