If we had a head coach who really saw the big picture..............

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bongo59, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

HE would play LW and TH a ton regardless of the score.............if we really want to get back to smashmouth football we need to pound it to the ground and get the RB and OL in rhythm.............

He would give all the young guys chances for significant playing time..........and see what we have..............we dont need to see guys like Sirmon and Woolfolk and Bennett.............play the pups

We need to be more aggressive on D since we are over matched.............that means run blitzing and gap control with the front 7 and I think we need to be a higher % blitzing team across all down and distances.................if we really want to use Jones and Hill...........play press coverage and let LT Fuller and Finegan roll coverage or man up the slot.........................look at the Raiders...........as bad as they are on O their D is playing extremely well, infact better then some of the teams who will be in the post season..............and they did it awfully fast...............scheme more so than players.............................and they do it by maning up in the secondary and cutting their front 7 loose..............love that scheme.

Id like to hear what the board says ..........................

2. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

You can't do that when your down by two or three TD's. It's common football sense.

Why? So we can suck even worse that we already do? No thanks.

Sounds like it's a peice of cake. Maybe you should start coaching. You make it sound like they aren't professional football coaches or something. "Scheme more" ...Hmmm good idea. Why don't we start scoring more too while were at it. That might help too.

3. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

why? We are already winning 3 games tops...................who cares if we are down 21................run the ball...............establish and identity for next yr and get the OL physical..............plus running it will shorten the nightmares.....................your posts represents conventional thought.................but I think we need to look at developing team chemistry and an indentity and player development..................not winning.

4. Code

Code Starter

A few thoughts.

I do believe that guys have to win their spots, not just be handed them because they are younger, or because we think that its impossible for them to be less than the guy on the field already.

There is also a requirement to give the team its best chance to win each game ... so that vets like #53 don't lose all hope.

The issue you raised at the beginning of season was that Fish had lost control of locker room by having two sets of rules. I think that has proven to be false ... or at least ... less than accurate ... given the hard suspensions to at least three players this season ... including Adam.

There is also truth that we need to make some assessments of the young guys prior to free agency and the draft. I do have serious question as to whether LW has enough footspeed to be a true #1 ... so I want to see him on the field as much as possible ... provided he doesn't get VY killed with blitz pickup mistakes.

I think Tulloch has to be on the field, even though he certainly wasn't special this past weekend.

Lowry or Fuller. Can't imagine how bad they must be in practice to keep LT on the field.

But really that's about it. We are already living with Brown, Mahelona, and Savage in the dline. Finneran is playing nickle. Hall and VY are in the backfield. Stewart and Bell are in on the line.

Not much more on the bench ... other than the return of Donnie Nickey. And I don't suspect that you will soon be calling for that.

5. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

JS is a terrible coach and he has a job because of Fisher................we need a coaching tsunami at BSP.....................

6. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

Code................in the print media and on the Titan controlled radio shows..............things in the lockerroom look OK...............they are not..............go find a Titan and ask.................most will tell you that changes need to happen and they think players need to go and coaches either evolve or need to go.....................includes the GM too................

7. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

and Code.................the players sense changes coming............just wait to see how they all react after 5 more horrendous losses..................the real vets who will be here in 07 know that this yr is for VY and that is why they play.................it is not for Fisher.

8. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

my stuff in bold...

9. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

this team is getting creamed when it loses..............we are not like the Steelers.............in every loss...............this team is terrible...............we will win three games tops and yes that is my view..................Id rather lose 28-10 running 40 times for 150 yds establishing the RB and OL and shortening games and having VY picking his spots...................................putting the game's outcomes on TO's and ST......and not on our horrid D all the time.................that is precisely how we beat the Texans.................I am an optimist but I am a realist first................this team has no chance form the get go................

10. Code

Code Starter

I've backed on to the Schwarz can't get it done bandwagon. Not as livid as most of you guys. But the Bulluck comments about letting players make plays struck a chord with me.

I haven't loved Chow. But he has been better.

Wide receivers certainly haven't moved forward. So questions are legitimate there.

I just can't get with the Fire Fisher crew. But it may be a moot point given Jerry Jones interest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar