If we had a head coach who really saw the big picture..............

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bongo59, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

If the Titans fall behind 21-0 and continue running the ball up the middle, the people on this board and every other board would go off the deep end, the team would be booed out of the stadium and Norm Chow would be run out of town on a rail. Plus, teams are already loading eight and nine in the box because they know we can't throw, so the running wouldn't accomplish much.

Other than that, it's a great idea.

2. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Let's remember we had a chance to beat the Colts. We had a first down at THEIR 45. A bad pass by Vince, a stuffed (predictable) run on second down, and then another wonderful pass call by Chow 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage ruined that deal.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Are you serious? No clue?

I have my criticisms of Chow but I would take it this far. Don't you put a little of the blame on the players who whiff blocks, drop passes, make bad throws, etc.?

4. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

i think we can go ahead and stash this thread in the "If you listen to the fans, pretty soon you'll be sittin with 'em" file.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Hehe...

Now THAT would be quite a feat!!!

:))

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

As much as I dislike watching "pound the ball" games, I'm sad to say that this team needs to stay away from pass plays.

"When you pass the ball, only 3 things can happen, and 2 of them are bad."
    We seem to be getting a lot of the bad ones nowadays.

And will somebody please explain to me what the purpose of running up the middle is?? I see this play over and over again all over the league, and it always gets the same results. Nobody I know understands it, and I'm not sure I'm buying the TOP angle, because the whistle blows pretty darn quick on that one.
    And like I insinuated above, running to set up the pass looks pretty painful also.

7. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

When the whistle blows on a running play, the clock does not stop.

8. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Floyd just hasn't brought in the talent. Hopefully, Bud Adams will realize that after this year and do something about. I like Fishers "pund the running game" philosphy but you can only do so much with what you've got. Henry and White are fine backs but when you can't pass you leave yourself one dimensional and your stuck. All they have to do is stack up the box and let Vince try to beat them with the pass. Other than a couple of slips by the Colts and Skins, where we snuck in there and ran the ball, I think most teams will be on to us and they'll be slamming the door on the run. If something doesn't change in the passing game we're going to continue to suck week after week. considering we haven't had a legitimate #1 wide reciever since DMase left I don't see our passing game improving dramatically anytime soon.

9. reo

reo Starter

Hey bongo, your bias is showing again.

10. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

We dont need to get rid of Fisher, I think that to do that is a joke, hes been able to bring a ssomewhat competetive team to thee field everry sunday when we suck, and when teh team was good, everyone they pplayed knew it, he knows how to win games, the problem is, were to young to know how to play to win

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar