If we have a horrible season, could it be a good thing?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Perhaps a slap in the face from Sir Reality to our coaching staff and management? Since it seems they're stuck in the mindset that with a superstar QB that makes plays, surrounding him with talent is a waste of money, maybe a bad season would wake them up and get them active next offseason?
    I'd rather them truly have a plan and us end up making the playoffs, but i just can't make myself believe it. It almost seems as if they're trying their luck and seeing just how little help Vince needs to win.
    It was the same way with McNair. Since we won games, we never gave him any big targets other than Mason (whom we drafted and he surprised most by turning out as good as he was).
    It's frustrating watching teams that had nothing to spend, doing bigger things than we have. Let's leave the 'over pay' excuses alone. It's a new cap and deals are obviously MUCH larger than they were last year. So while it may look like you're overpaying, you're getting the same deal you would've last season. It's like paying in Yen.

Just thinking. 29 Days 'til football begins.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

You might save yourself some grief and delete this thread before anyone sees it.

3. Deuce Wayne

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I remember the last thread where someone wanted to lose games to get rid of Schwartz or get a higher draft pick.

Not pretty.

5. Deuce Wayne

Who wants to lose games? Like I said, I'd rather win every game we play and see the FO as pure genius, but if the opposite happens, it may give them the kick in the rear they deserve for putting so much weight on a 2nd year QB.
    Feel me?

6. Maybe you should keep those irrational thoughts to yourself and think about it more...

7. Deuce Wayne

Maybe people should add insight or at least debate the points made? Probably asking too much, but c'mon. Give it a shot.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

No way. Now we are good. This team can go all the way. It was attitude that got us to 8-8. It was confidence. The NFL is psychological, not physical, and we jumped that shark.

But I will say, that our collapse at the end of the previous season pushed us from like an 8 pick down to vince young. So at the end of the season, it's more reasonable to talk about it.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Wtf....

............is wrong with you?

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

When the titans lose...

The fans are the ones who lose out the most. After 3 years of just 5.6 wins per and no playoff appearences what real fan would honestly want us to lose again? For what? To win a damn argument? That's really dumb!

We are only on this earth so long and i'm not to interested to see a year of my life spent cheering for a loser team again. This isn't madden franchise were you just simulate a season so you can draft more players.

No gloat you are not thinking at all.!! $#%#$@#$%!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar