If we have a horrible season, could it be a good thing?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

We won 8 games last year with a rookie QB and didn't even start playing as a team until 5 or so games in. We beat the Superbowl Champs at home, and almost on the road. VY has a year under his belt, along with many other rookies and second year guys. We had a decent draft, and I do believe Vince has the players around him to be productive. Losing Pac is going to hurt, but if we would just sign Alex Brown, I would have some hope for this season. There will be many cuts after the first few preseason games, and I look for us to start spending some cap money as the needs arise. I wouldn't panic just yet.

2. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Why would that be good............it wouldn't theres no way to justify it.

I couldn't have done it without KS............1000 post!

3. Young54

Young54 Starter

dude, why are kids in the video wearing goggles?!?!:eh?: was i the only one to pick up on that? how can goggles help you when your lighting a fire on you a**??? lol...goggles can't protect you from stupidity.:shake:

thats hilarious!

Bipolar, tell me thats you and ur friends.

:flamegun:

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Right. Worked great for all of these other bad seasons we've had, so why stop now?
    :suspect:
    The Kahuna is wise...you would do well to heed him next time.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

yeah, you got it.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Nine....

Reinsfeld will still be here even if we go 4-12. One year and one draft isn't long enough to evaluate a GM and many of our decisions regarding keeping players would fall on fisher who must have been the point man regarding how we valued bennett, henry and others. Reinsfeld showed up just before the free agent period. He didn't have time to watch hundreds of hours of film on players or read dozens of scouting reports. He had to defer to fisher on those things.

If we go 4-12 fisher will be gone and reinsfeld can hand pick his own coach. Then he will have a couple of years and at least 2 more drafts before the decision will be made to dump him if unsuccessful.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gloat...

We did nothing? We signed harper, herndon, fowler, gage, scott, rattay, resigned collins for what that was worth. We made significant efforts to get micheal turner and stallworth and made an honest effort to get clements. We retained all our restricted FAs.

Just because they didn't buy any of those big cadillac players doesn't mean we didn't do anything.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Gloat:
    I've been as critical as anyone concerning some of the philosophy in the off season but that doesn't mean the GM and HC are not right, at least partly.

The only way to know if they did the right thing is to see how it plays out. It is almost beyond ridiculous to want failure just because you didn't agree with some decisions. Hoping we suck so you can finally get what you want is beyond comprehension for a fan. While I don't agree and have my opinions I hope I am wrong and our GM and HC turn out to be the most brilliant football minds in NFL history and we are SB champs. Hoping for failure is moronic.

Also, even those who are critical of the off season like myself also know that the other side is partly right. I think losing Bennett was a significant loss but at the same time I can understand it if they have confidence in Roby or Williams (Gage also now) stepping up. Even though I am upset at the loss of T. Henry more than anything and our having to burn a 2nd round pick again on a RB I do aknowledge that White isn't chopped liver and I've always liked Brown if they use him properly. Maybe Chris Henry turns into a phenom.

Right now I'm gearing my mind to put all the off-season stuff behind (hard to do with this slow period) and get pumped up for another Tennessee Titans season and the last thing I want to go through a terrible year. What I want to see is our defense knocking guys heads off and VY making spectacular plays and you would have to be a nut to not want the same thing.

9. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

To be fair to Gloat, I don't think he's HOPING for a bad season. He's just saying there might be a bright side if (and he hopes this doesn't happen) we have a bad season.

Personally, I don't think the bright side would outweigh the downside. Plus, I think MR has done a great job this offseason. The only really questionable thing we have done, IMO, is drafting Henry so high. But that could still work out. I just didn't like it.

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar