If we have a horrible season, could it be a good thing?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

I actually agree with you to a certain point. While I truly don't want my team to lose, looking at from the other point of view is that if we go through another 4-6 win season, I can almost guarantee that Schwartz will be fired. IF that includes Fisher, so be it. I don't really care at this moment. I want Schwartz gone so bad, that I would be willing to sacrifice Fish to make that happen.

To me this offseason has show some real arrogance on the FO's part. While they have somewhat redeemed themselves after a slow start, I still grade their offseason a D+/C- from a previous F.

The fact remains is that we weren't good last year, and really on skated by on some super duper individual talents of mainly three guys.

Unfortunately for us, 2/3 of those guys arent on this team this year.

I think we will go 8-8 again this year. While we will see an increase in production from many players, it will be only enough to offset our losses.

2. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Preseason will tell us a lot, and I can't wait for it for it to get here. There will be some position battles, but overall we are in much better shape than last year. I think we have a good enough O line to plug and play different backs in, and I do believe VY has the weapons he is capable of using. He is not a pinpoint passer, so breaking the bank on signing a a deep threat isn't smart, nor would paying Drew $30M if you can't get the ball to him. I believe the staff has a sound game plan for Vince, and if we should get Givens back, that is just icing on the cake. Again, the big problem lies in the D, with no stud at RDE, a new MLB, and a possible new Safety. Then you have new vets learning our system, and while it's not new to them, the chemistry takes time to develop. I still believe we will have a good year, and even better year the next. I think we are finally heading in a positive direction. I don't want a flash in the pan deal, I want us to get back to consistently winning again, year in and year out.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

lol. Yeah. That's the problem.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Obsession with schwartz...

Again i think it is pointless to say there is anything positive out of us losing. So we lose schwartz who is to say our new DC will be any better? Maybe schwartz will see the big picture for once and do a decent job this year. He probably didn't do a horrible job in 05. I have complained about him i'm just not obsessed over him. The better situation is always for us to succeed with who we have. We won in 02 and 03 with fisher and schwartz.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I want to be your DC.

[​IMG]

6. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

That would be sweet.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

That would be sweet, but Fish would never take Romeo over a defensive genius like Schwartz.

8. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Well to me it is looking more and more like Fish wont be here unless we have a breakout season...and he gets paid what he wants!

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

It's been said well here by other posters, and I've said it before, but heck, I'll say it one more time...

You should NEVER want YOUR team to lose. I guess I can understand it if you're someone who follows two or three different teams and likes them all, and sees it as an opportunity. But if you have one team, and they're the ones you really care about, then you should want them to win. It's about the team, and you should want your team to always be focused on winning. Wanting them to lose is giving up. Yes, you may say it's giving up in the short term in order to build in the long term, but that doesn't look at the effect it has on the team. I maintain that there's a significant mental aspect to a team that is all on the same page, and really believes in each other. In our 2004 and 2005 seasons, we definitely saw some people coming up short, some people who were giving it all every play. I don't want to cheer for a team that is doing that. I want every member of the team to really want to win every game. That kind of attitude in the locker room is what builds a team, and is the kind of thing that makes a team a winner when it comes down to it. I can never root for my team to lose.

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I want to be your
    [​IMG]

and this is your new DC
    [​IMG]

:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar