If we lose to the Texans and they rest their starters..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Dec 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

CJ made himself an easy target and all-around unlikable at times. Add to that a season in which he might not break 1,100 yards and I can see why people have soured on him.

That said, your archenemy, Mike Munchak, has called out the offensive line a lot more than CJ.

2. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

To be fired, you have to at least perform under expectations for more than a game or two in your first year after a short offseason with a 6-10 team.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Stop making stupid threads! Just keep venting in whatever existing Munch whinefest that is out there!

4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Seriously. It's ridiculous that anyone says "fire Munchak." Jesus.

5. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

And don't forget "pay me like a play maker" has been MIA too so in reality we lost our two best players this year and still we're much improved from the last two years and in the playoff hunt with no real "star power" so to speak.

We had a great draft this year and a lot of these young guys seem to have the potential to become those star quality players in the future. I'm excited going forward, the team seems to be playing harder this year and have become more disciplined. If I remember right we didn't even have one penalty in our last game. That's pretty amazing if you think about it for such a young team. I think we've turned the corner and we're a few pieces away from being back to a serious contender.

It seems like some of you guys would be changing coaches, players, coordinators every week if you had it your way! I think with all things considered Munch has had a good first year and has a vision for how he wants this team to look in the future but it's not going to happen over night and there will be growing pains. Have patience and quit calling for everyone's head if we have a bad game or a call or play you don't agree with. Remember, if you really knew that much about how to run an NFL team, you wouldn't be on this forum talking about how bad or stupid someone is, you'd be on the sidelines on Sunday calling those shots yourself for millions of dollars.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Munchak may have called out some lineman but he made zero changes! We all love Bruce Matthews as a player but the coaching has been bad. The play where amano gets blown up by the colts, is grounds to clean your locker out. I am still shocked we paying him 5yr 26 million WOW! Thats is robbery. Munchak made a huge mistake starting, and then playing too long, hassle against the colts, that cost us the game and maybe a playoff apperance. The expectations may have been low at the start but, no one knew Manning out the year, Jags cut their qb week before the season (then beat us with a P.E. coach at qb), the texans lose super mario, Andre Johnson (most of the year), and 2 qb's to injury. I do not think we overachieved at all. This team was 3-1. Britt loss hurt us bad. Munchak probably needs to get rid of Palmer and Matthews and get the players on defense that jerry gray wants. That is me assuming that the personel is why we look like cecil, the last 10 games or so. I want the old titan greg williams defense back! I want us to pull guards and block lower like the texans and drive people off the football, like the texans do and we used too! Do not want to watch dink and dunk and the mush rush and zone anymore.

7. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

this team isn't a 6-10 team, and on top of that we played a 12-4 schedule....

9-7...pathetic.

8. Fry

[​IMG]

It's the only explanation.

A starting QB who had two weeks of training camp.

Best WR done after three games.

Best Running back MIA 3/4 of the season.

The only talent on defense is a set of four rookies and Cortland Finnegan.

A record that has improved by at least two games from last year.

9. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

You're right. This team isn't a 6-10 team. If we actually had a challenging schedule we would have been 4-12 or so.

We lost some games that we shouldn't have, sure. But can we lay the blame of Hasselbeck's late INT in the Jaguars game at Munchak's feet? Can we lay the inefficiency of CJ after he held out at Munchak's feet? Britt getting hurt? Can we lay Cook fumbling the ball at Munchak's feet? Or CJ handing the ball to a Colt defender?

The only thing I don't like about Munch right now is how he kept starting Hasselbeck when Hasselbeck was clearly not 100%. The Amano thing is annoying, but how many centers are available to replace him if we cut him in the middle of the season? Hopefully he's gone in the off season.

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. Fry

My god! Logic!

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar