If we lose to the Texans and they rest their starters..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Dec 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Wow...

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Herm Edwards 54-74
    Perry Fewell 3-4 ( dont know what you base your faith on )
    Marty Mornhinweg 5-27
    Gregg Williams 17-31
    Josh McDaniels 11-17
    Mike Singletary 18-22

I have no idea what any of these guys have done to warrant your love for them.

Herm Edwards ... Come on man

Perry Fewell .. um ok 4th worst defense in the NFL in points.

Marty Mornhinweg... eh... Really? Why? You think he is an offensive guru? Looks like another Kubiak to me. All hat no cattle. O Coodinator.. no problem bring him in. HC? Nope

Josh McDaniels was a disaster in Denver and his greatest claim to fame is being Tom Brady's ball boy basically.

Gregg Williams .. Disaster as a head Coach in Buffalo. It Tennessee, It was Jeff Fishers Defense and thats what gave Williams his cred. What has he done since leaving the Titans? His defense in New Orleans isnt special. His defenses give up alot of yards. You wouldnt like him 1st year either.

Mike Singletary... A HOF player that just isnt a good HC. There is no valid argument otherwise. Just a name.

Jon Gruden 95-81
    Bill Cowher 149-90

I would give either of these 2 a shot. But let not get crazy about either.

Jon Gruden... Good Coach, but a tad overrated. His SB team was really Dungy's team. But after the SB what did he do?

Bill Cowher ... He fell into a great situation too. However I think he is a really good coach. I would have no problem with him at all.

Munchak may or may not be a good HC. But you dont fire HC's after the 1st season especially when they arent handed a great team and there was a lockout. You have to give Munchak time.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'd like to point out that Morhinweg, Williams, Edwards, McDaniels and Singletary have a combined record of 107 wins and 174 losses.

McDaniels is coordinating the lowest scoring offense in the NFL right now(11.1 points per game).

Mike Munchak has eclipsed Morhinweg's win total for his career in less than a full season.

4. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Just want to point something out real quick. If the Bucs that year was Dungy's team then the Raiders they beat in the Super Bowl was really Gruden's team. The Bucs had a huge advantage in that the offensive system was basically designed by Gruden.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Im ok with that. I didnt say he was a fraud. I just said he is a tad overrated. Its w widely accepted sentiment in the NFL.

6. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I just threw out a list of guys I think could do well if given another oppurtunity. Munchak has a solid squad and a easy schedule and a 8-7 record to show for it. WE GOT OURSELVES A REAL KEEPER.

Btw, I'm not in management, so the random list of coaches I want means nothing to me and shouldn't to any of you. I'm not going to hire the coach for the titans, I'm jsut going to criticize the titans for hiring a bad one.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I read half the OP and nothing else, except that awsome graphic from the bestest mod on the third rock from the sun! - Holla TJ!!!, and Im saying this thread is pointless.

MMs future as a Titan HC will not be decided sunday.

everyone give TJ a high 5 for being so awsome!

9. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

8-7 isn't .500. We may wind up being .500.

Because he had no control over the screw-ups that his players made?

I'm sorry, I forgot that he was given the position right after the season was over and had his pick of the litter. I must have been remembering an alternate universe where he was given his job late and had to work with what was left.

The Oline is a problem for the run game, and I hope it's something that gets fixed in the offseason. I agree with that the decision to start Hasselbeck in the Colts game was bad. I will not get mad at him about "bad calls" he hasn't made yet.

I'd give him two more seasons. Maybe three. That gives him time to build his team and allow us to see what he can actually do.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

But thats the point. You dont know and there is NO WAY you can know if MM is a bad one. Its his 1st season. He was hired late. There was a lockout. CJ held out. Britt got hurt. New QB and new system. There were and are going to be growing pains. Even with all that his team is in the hunt for a playoff spot. There is no calculation that says he has been bad or will be bad.

I dont like the Palmer hire. But that doesnt make MM a bad HC.

You need to understand that the real NFL is not a video game. Its can take time to get a well oiled machine.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar