If we were to go WR in the first....

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titan_fan_4ever, Apr 14, 2008.

?
  1. Limas Sweed

21 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. Devin Thomas

8 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. DeSeasn Jackson

19 vote(s)
    31.7%
  4. M. Kelly

5 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. M. Manningham

4 vote(s)
    6.7%
  6. J. Hardy

3 vote(s)
    5.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

I want Sweed or Thomas. If they weren't there, I would go to a DE.

2. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

Some reason I have no doubt that we'll be going WR in the first round unless there's a better player in a position we are looking for. Jackson was my vote, because he will be brining that on field talent and enthusiasm that Pac once had... SPEEDY, Great Hands, someone for Vince to get the ball to quick and make some YAC moves...

3. DJB

DJB Starter

Marvin is a great WR but due to his size he is a pansy. Peyton most times hits him in stride where Marvin can either run out of bounds or fall to the ground and curl up in a ball. I like VY but VY would get a little guy like that killed

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The more I look at what our options are going to be in the 1st round I lean more to DJax. All the WRs are similar to what we already have and everyone is a questionable 1st round grade. Jackson is the only one of the group who is worthy of a 1st round pick and has the speed we don't have.

If we look toward the defense who is really a syandout player there? Balmer? Not even 1st round IMHO but will go earlier than his talent level because he is the best of the 2nd tier even though he isn't really much better than the guys available in the 2nd round on.

Campbell? Groves? Really can't get too excited about any of those guys. Sure we can plug them in as depth but I don't see any of them making a immediate upgrade. DJax however steps in and gives us instant return game and a deep threat at WR.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

So if we had the chance to draft the next Marvin Harrison (not saying that guy is in this draft) we should pass and take a big physical WR because our QB sucks?

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

what about steve smith?

7. DJB

DJB Starter

All the little WRs Desean is being compared to size wise all have at least 15 pounds on Jackson. 2 of those guys are bona fide star WRs. One of the small WRs put up amazing numbers as a #3 on a team with Moss and Stallworth. The small WR most similar to Jackson is Tedd Ginn. Jackson is almost the same size as Ginn with similar skill set. Ginn was taken in the first round and after one season the Dolphins are saying the would like to find a #1 WR in this years draft. I think the Dolphins had Devin Hester fever going into last years draft and I hope Tennessee can get rid of theirs before this draft.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

so it's impossible to put on more weight?

i doubt steve smith came out of college at 186 lbs and has been that exact weight throughout his 7 years in the league. same with harrison.

9. DJB

DJB Starter

It's not impossible to put on weight. If Jackson comes in and puts on 20 pounds of muscle and eventually turns out to be Steve Smith I'll admit I was wrong but I think Jackson willmost likely turn out to be Troy Williamson and not Steve Smith

10. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Steve Smith who I think we all agree is a very good WR is listed at 5'9 185.

SS - 5'9 185
    DJ - 5'9 167 you really think he can't put on 13-18 lbs to be in the 180 range, without affecting his speed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar