If you can dodge a wrench...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, May 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Can we start throwing these bricks at the defensive backs too? Look, I'm all for it, especially if the brick is willing to take up the left cb position.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I was going to say, we already have a brick in Reynaldo, he doesn't go toward receivers.

3. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

Throws bricks at Reynaldo, when he isn't looking. At his head.

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

It's not a perfect solution because some will revert at times during the game when there is a lot more going on. But like any skill, you have to start slow.

It's true that soft tossing a football will find players hand catching it too...but they don't really have to absorb the ball (since it is softly thrown). With a brick, they have to focus it in AND absorb the weight. Hopefully they translate that into harder thrown footballs with a machine throwing them the balls.

I remember when Elway first got to Denver they had to dial up the speed of the machine just to imitate how hard Elway sometimes threw the ball.

I'd like to see them set up dummies on the field (standing dummies) and have players run routes at half speed (on the field around the dummies as zone defenders) with the machines firing them the balls. 50 each running half speed and then 100 each running full speed. Any ball not caught, body caught, double clutched or otherwise not cleanly caught doesn't count. If you don't finish within the allotted time session, you finish after practice.

You could also make it stricter that every dropped ball means you stay after practice and catch 25 running routes on the field.

I'm more about realism, but anything to help...and I think the brick tossing will help (not hurt)...is good. Plus, I imagine it will help them build up some hand strength.

Gut

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

In the illustrious tradition of John Kruk...

"I'm not a football player, I'm a PUNTER!"

Gut

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

You'd never be able to hit him. Reynaldo is always furthest away from anything thrown.

7. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

hahaah sad but tru............:ha:

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Actually that isn't true. Hill can be right on a guys hip and still not make the play. His problem isn't staying with WRs, he is actually pretty good at that part. His problem is breaking up the pass.

9. He is too busy looking at the WR to make a play on the ball. If they keep the play in front of him he'd be a better CB...

10. texdude2006

texdude2006 Guest

If sure they do drills similar to this...they should shoot the bricks out of the Jugs machine though. Catch that, and you can catch anything. :ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar