If you could change 1 thing

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Apr 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

If you could go back in time and change 1 thing in Titans history what would it be? Just to make this interesting let's say you can't go back further than the year 2001.

Me, I think I'd go back and make sure the titans and McNair work something out so he never leaves and retired as a Titan.

#1 520, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
    • High Five High Five x 5
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

That Warner waited until the next year to win a Super Bowl.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Drafting VY. It wasn't necessarily VY's fault.. But drafting him continued the tailspin that started towards the end of McNair's run here.. and it never recovered.
    And the fallout between him and Fisher made it worse.

That draft day is the day I can say that most signifies the end of this franchise as a legitimate NFL team.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  4. nickmsmith

What good would that have done? He'd still be dead, and he would have backed up VY. IMO we'd be in the same spot we are today. McNair's agent, and the front office were both guilty in that situation. McNair could have stopped it if he wanted. He didn't.

VY's issues were not all mental. Physically, emotionally, and mentally, he was not a long-term NFL QB.

another high moment on my list of things I'd change is the CJ.5K holdout signing.

Also, either of the Lendale/Crumpler fumbles in the Titans' last playoff game.

Also, the Jake Locker draft pick. But that stems back to VY, once again.

5. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

If one thing could be changed, I'd like for it to be that Floyd Reese didn't screw up the salary cap. That had already started with some of the contracts he did prior to 2001 but if it had been nipped in the bud then (2001), the team wouldn't have to be blown up in 2004. Eddie, Steve, Samari, DMase, Carter, and the others who left could have remained.

Also, by keeping McNair, the Titans wouldn't have to have drafted VY. By keeping Samari, then the Titans might have drafted someone other than Pacman the year before.

6. nickmsmith

Also, the Munchak hire not only was a bad HC hire, we lost him as an OL coach, where he was very strong.

Once again, trace it all the way back to VY. Pretty much all of our woes can be traced back to that.. and Bud's preference for him.

7. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Johnson doesn't get hurt in the '09 playoff game vs. the ravens.

• High Five High Five x 4
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  8. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Who knows what VY coulda done sitting behind McNair for a few years.

My other one is in woulda warned cj runway gonna break his ankles in the playoffs and make sure he was triple taped

9. rekirts

rekirts Starter

It was entirely VY's fault.

10. nickmsmith

Nope. Drafting VY was the fault. Bud butted his way into the draft war room, and forced his way upon the staff and FO.

Yes, VY was a baby, immature, and mostly sucked as a QB.. Bud has at least a fraction of the fault, and so does Fisher, for not cooperating with his superior.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar