If you could change one thing in the NFL......

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Apr 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Imagine the NFL turned to you for their next move, what would you suggest?

New division alignment? Perhaps a new rule, or dump a rule you don like.... Maybe change the seasons length from 16 games to 18 or back to 14? Do away with the London series, or build off that idea and take games to other countries all around the world... Maybe adopt a lottery for the top draft spot like the NBA does? Games on Tuesdays? Or a new format for the Pro Bowl?

Whats the NFL's next big idea.....?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Stricter conduct policy would go a long way in making NFL less of an embarrassment. At this point, the NFL is not something to be proud of.

If they ban or heftily suspend and fine for criminal activity, the NFL could at least give off the impression that their players are respectable.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

#3 JCBRAVE, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  4. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

I hate the way how weak this sport has becoming. I know it's all about the players safety these days, but dang. When you have players flopping to draw a flag is ridiculous. I would love to be watching NFL games during the Jim Brown era or the Steelers steel curtain.

It's so bad my wife has noticed and she doesn't watch football.

5. JCBRAVE

Believe it or not but flopping is illegal in football, yet Ive never seen a flag thrown... And to make it even worse, the NFL has spotters in the box, their job is to watch for guys who are hiding their injuries, how do those guys let players get away with flopping.

6. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I hate how stringent the roughing and unnecessary roughness calls have become. It's really hurt the way teams play defense. I understand helmet to helmet, but hitting a QB in the knees or just hitting someone as hard as you can should be legal. Football will always be a rough game and there's not getting around it. I don't want to see them playing flag football out there in 10 years.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

It's that and all of these penalty flags that's being thrown during a game. I wouldn't mind them lowering the number penalties. They obvious create new ones every year. Imagine how this game would be in the next 5-10 years.

8. JCBRAVE

For you :)
    The Ten Worst Roughing the Passer Plays of the 2014 NFL Season | The Big Lead

9. JCBRAVE

I took a quick look back at the previous years total penalties, its been pretty much constant averages. Unless they add in some new bs (which they may) I think the game is safe from 100 flags a game..

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The rules slant heavily to the offense.

I guess that would encompass a lot of things; roughing the passer, pass interference, illegal contact, helmet-to-helmet.

Of those I guess I'd select helmet-to-helmet. Unavoidable in most cases, especially when the offensive player is ducking his head in to the contact.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar