If you were Munchak, what would you do Sunday?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Sep 13, 2012.

?
  1. Bench Chris Johnson (CJ gets 3-6 Carries Max)

4.0%
  2. Throw the Ball 60 times

28.0%
  3. Split carries between CJ and Reynaud/Ringer/Harper (CJ gets 10-12 carries max)

14.0%
  4. Shake up the OL (Bench Starters)

12.0%
  5. Same Game Plan as Last Week/Season

6.0%
  6. Change Blocking Scheme

28.0%
  7. Other

8.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Looks like Munchak is going to ride and die with CJ at least for now. Most of you may not agree...And we don't know how many carries Munch will give CJ against San Diego. But lets say you could make the call for the Chargers game. You're the head coach for one decision and this is it. What would you do?

I put a few possibilities into the poll but feel free to elaborate.

2. DJB

DJB Starter

I was torn between other and shake up the OL. I picked "other" to get Palmer to call the game better. I don't think its all play calling but he is the OC. He needs to adapt to the game faster instead of falling to far behind before adjusting

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I voted "split carries", though I don't think that will solve all of our woes. But I do think CJ needs to get the message that he's not untouchable just because of his contract.

I don't think "change blocking scheme" is a realistic possibility for this Sunday, but it might be the best long-term option (aside from just blowing up the OL). And unfortunately, "Shake up the OL" doesn't seem like a viable option at this point either. We don't really have anyone sitting on the bench that has given us any reason to believe they'd be an upgrade. Plus you'd be messing with the pass blocking, which isn't really a problem at the moment.

You can rarely just magically fix a line (offensive or defensive) with a tweak here or there during the season. That's a job for the offseason. Munch and the FO failed BIG TIME in that regard. Unfortunately, the run game probably isn't going to be anymore than below-average this season.

If the question was "What do you think MUNCHAK will do for Sunday?" then I'd vote "Same gameplan as last week/season". Because that's most likely exactly what's going to happen.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Me personally, I would test the waters throwing more, our best weapons are receivers, not runners. And you can't force feed any team CJ, it just wont work.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Without a doubt start slinging the ball more! When that passing production starts racking up you'll start to see a lot more nickel and dime defenses that can be good for a troubled running game.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I go into the 2-minute offense from the start. Spread everything out. Shotgun with CJ standing beside Locker.

• High Five High Five x 5
  7. DJB

DJB Starter

What? No one wants to keep trying to run up the middle 10 times in a row?

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

Like TJ said spread them out. Use CJ like the Eagles used Westbrooke. Throw the ball down the field, hit the flats or short crossing routes. If you complete short quick hitters 3 to 4 yards a pop we can march right down the field and then hit them with a run.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Fast tempo. Just like you did in the first series vs NE, but do it all game.

10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I totally agree with Jeff, we have to take it to em and be aggressive. Keep their D on its toes. That's the best way to give our running game a chance because if they know we're gonna run, run, pass & punt we won't have a chance in hell.

I did vote that Munchak won't change a thing. He won't bench any starters, he won't bench CJ and he won't change scheme so I am 123% sure that he won't change a thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar