If Young goes pro, who do you take Lienart or Young?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titan Yapper, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

I Hope Cutler has a great week at the Senior Bowl. Maybe he can get some more attention. It sure is a good year for QB's.
    I'll take Leinart, he plays in a more conventional offense. He has a lot more weapons around him but He always plays well. Nothing wrong with either QB though. I am happy Texas won.

2. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

i'm ready for the draft.................if Vince declares!

3. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

It seems like I flip flop everyday who I want us to draft. Young seems to have left a good impression on everyone. But let us not forget USC's defense IS GARBAGE. Not taking anything away from his outstanding performance, but lets see what he decides to do.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

that just goes to show they listen to me, not you. :brow:

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

poor souls

6. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

absolutely, without a doubt... Leinart ! that being said, Jay Cutler is the best QB in this draft... we'd be out of our mind not to draft him at 3.

7. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Careful...you will start sounding like Vince's version of Kimberly...:ha:

Young was dominant last night...but I just hope he is not another running QB who has good college passing skills that does not translate into a great NFL QB...like Kordell, Aaron Brooks, Shaun King and, yes, even Michael Vick.

If he can maintain his passing prowess in the NFL...then he definitely would be fun to have learning behind McNair. But I do believe Leinert will be good if developed well...I think of Carson Palmer as an example of Leinert.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Leinhart doesn't have the physical skills of a Palmer or he would be the no brainer pick. I have no problem with Young but in the NFL he isn't going to get away with the ridiculously poor defensive schemes he faced in college. USC would have been better off telling their DL to not commit so fast, stay in thier lanes and play the run first. Also USC was not real talented at LB this year which really hurt them. A good set of LBs and a better scheme of DL staying in their lanes could have done a much better job of neutralizing Youngs ability to run similar to the way Philly handled Vick in the NFC championship game last season. Also Young never got out of the shot gun. It is hard to evaluate how he will do if he has to handle a straight drop back because NFL teams are not going to want to run the gun every play. Young was impressive enough in his passing ability but I think Leinhart might be better at being able to read defenses and function in a more traditional NFL offense. Leinhart might be ready to play a year or two sooner than Young and if Leinhart was a Titan the transition would be very easy for him.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Interesting. I think NO will take Leinart b/c of their failed Brooks experiment and I think NO will be in LA in 2007- when Leinart would likely start.

I wasn't surprised by Young's performance. He's showed that all year. He looked like McNair out there- burning safeties who cheated up to stop his run and making LB's look like blocking dummies.

I'm concerned about Jets trading w/ Houston to get Young. If he comes out, I hope he gets a good agent who can land him in Nashville the way they landed Eli in NYC.

Climer's article yesterday outlined how we could get Leinart but the same holds true for Young if he comes out.

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060104/COLUMNIST0202/601040408/1108/COLUMNIST

10. titansrule

titansrule Camp Fodder

Has young ever taken a snap under center or always the shotgun? If a team needs a quarterback to play now, draft Leinart. If a team can groom a quarterback for a couple of years, take Young.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar