If Young goes pro, who do you take Lienart or Young?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titan Yapper, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

if the jets traded with houston i would imagine its for Bush, but if they did for young then we can get bush.

2. SuperFreak90

SuperFreak90 Starter

1. Young 2. Lienart 3. Cutler

Reggie Bush goes #1, Titans take a franchise QB.

3. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

Most people aren't grading him on one game but yet atleast one college football season. I don't think a guy could get heavy consideration for the Heisman and only have one game to grade him buy. I don't really watch a lot of college football but I heard his name a lot last year and this year. So I don't think you have to grade him on one game. They guy has been great all year.

4. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

Any way we go at #3 we should be good. There are 3 quality QBs and a monster RB that anybody should be happy with.

5. pacmanplayer

pacmanplayer Da Real PacMan

Just wait til Vince plays a defense like the Bears in the NFL... with linebackers that can run with or past his speed.... then you will see where he is....

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Young is on top for now. Some teams will have Leinart ahead of him, and I hope New Orleans or New York is one of them.

The arguments against Young are the same ones that could have been used against Steve when he came out. I don't think Steve is the reason we lost the Super Bowl. I think if we had some other pieces, we could have won (like, say, Moss instead of Dyson). So I think we can win with Young as well. Regardless of what anyone says of their mechanics, Young out-passed Leinart last night.

Also, what impressed me in terms of room to grow with Young, he never looked like he was throwing all that hard. I mean, he didn't need to last night - almost all his throws got to his receivers quickly enough, but imagine when his arms are a little bigger and his mechanics are better. SCARY.

So we'll get one of the big 3, no matter what, and that ain't bad. And if someone wants to trade up and get Young or Leinart, the other goes to NO, and we get Bush, or fall back and take Cutler or whatever. I like sitting at 3, and I would take Young, Leinart or Bush. And if it's Leinart or Bush, before I make the selection, I probably see what team is desparate enough to make a crazy deal - and I still probably take one of them.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Vince Young has all the speed and athleticism
    of Mike Vick without the herpes.
    [​IMG]
    What did he mean when he said, "WE'LL BE BACK NEXT YEAR?"
    :hmm:

8. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

I think Leinart without a question. Leinart has the pocket intagibles that Brady has, and that stuff is what you can't teach. VYoung has the agility that can't be taugh, but he doesn't have the speed to match. I see Leinart as a player who may have shortcomings, but he's a player who knows how to limit those shortcomings. He seemed to have no problems with the deepball yesterday, and the int came from a heads up play by the CB, not a throwing tail off or w/e.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar