IGN Madden NFL Preview

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by smileyforall, May 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smileyforall

smileyforall Da Blue Mamba

"May 15, 2009 - Playing Madden NFL 10 with the new Pro-Tak system in place makes you realize just how large a gap there was from every other game in the series to real football. But that's not the only reason why this year's Madden is looking like one of the best to date. I got the chance to spend some time with Madden 10 and came away very pleased with the new, re-focused development strategy employed with this year's game."

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/982/982670p1.html

One of my favorite parts of the article:

"Presentation, something that was seriously lacking in the first Madden iterations on current-gen systems, has seen a nice overhaul. Pre-game you'll notice camera angles that show concession stands handing hot dogs to fans and people making their way to their seats. During the action there will be detailed cutscenes (not the low-resolution models like in last year's game) showing players warming up on the sideline. If your quarterback is taking a licking on the field you'll see him trot over to the sideline and pick up a phone to talk to the coach's box. The chain gang is also present, as are all of the refs that should be on the field. And yes, you can truck into them. "

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

now all they need to add is the ambulance that used to come out in the mid 90's maddens!

3. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Haha. You just reminded me of that. If I can remember correctly it wasn't everytime but only certain situations where it would come out. It was a proud moment getting the ambulance out onto the field to take away your opponent.:lol:

As for Madden 10 and the talk about the cut scenes? Ahhh who cares. Those are interesting for the first game played. Thereafter it becomes a button mash to pass the scenes and get to the game.

IMO they need to stop the the big changes to gameplay just to have a different product. I hope there isn't to a dramatic change in gameplay just for the sake of change but rather a fine tuning of sorts. I hated when from one year to another they would swap buttons around. I remember they added QB vision which I thought was nice to only take it away the next year (it made playing safety enjoyable ..... alot of INT's). I know it must be tough to justify bringing out a new game yearly but to me the roster updates and a few minor tweaks is enough.

4. smileyforall

smileyforall Da Blue Mamba

If only they did the roster updates like nba 2k9 where you can get ones uploaded from other people.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I just want a better franchise mode

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar