ILBer...am I missing someone???

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titans2004, Apr 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

That doesn't mean they haven't been solid NFL players, not considering Ragland/Foster not playing an NFL game yet.

Each one of those guys would be far and away the best LB the Titans have had in the last 15 years.

2. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Avery Williamson had more tackles this past year than McCain did in his best season. Guy is a huge bust for a high pick. Even Zach Brown is better. Hightower is the only guy who supports your theory that high profile NFL ILBs come from Saban's system.

I love what Foster can do on the field, so I'm not holding anything against him. Let's hope he passes the interviews for Robinson and company.

• WTF?! WTF?! x 1
  3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

seriously wtf. Demeco Ryans was a flat out stud, AP defensive rookie of the year and twice pro-bowler. McClain while being a complete knucklehead is an animal when he's on the field.

To compare little ***** Avery Williamson to those guys is laughable. Williamson makes tackles 8 yards down field and drags people down, he's a joke. Don't come at me with that Avery Williamson bs again little boy.

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

As I said, Ryans came before Saban. So he was a standout on an otherwise unremarkable team, as opposed to a lot of guys who look great in Saban's system and underwhelm in the pros. I wasn't comparing anyone to him.

And nobody wants McClain, so he's useless and a bust IMO. Williamson isn't great, but at least he didn't cost an arm and a leg in draft stock and is actually able to get on the field to produce. McClain is an awful example if you're trying to prove how those guys translate to the NFL.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

All 4 of those guys are "far and away" better than Keith Bulluck???

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Little boy? Never good to start throwing that kind of shade when in a debate. Makes it look like you're losing!

I assume that you are aware that we were #2 in the NFL vs the run in terms of yards/game given up. We were also tied for 12th in avg and 1st in fewest 1st downs given up and 2nd in 1st down percentage via the run.

Hard to do that with a crappy ILB who is making tackles 8 yards down the field! And Williamson has over 100 tackles the last two seasons. He's 18th in tackles for mlb/ilb's. Not bad for a 5th round pick!!! Clearly, he's serviceable.

If we can upgrade the spot next to him...

7. xhrr

xhrr Starter

So I hope I'm reading this wrong but Ragland would be far and away the best LB the Titans have had in the last 15 years?

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Ragland if played to his potential, would be the best ILB we've had since Al Smith. Keith Bulluck, while a Titan favorite, wasn't the best in run support, but was fantastic in coverage. I know I'm gonna catch hate for that, but part of being a good fan is not being a Homer and seeing the reality of your team's faults.

9. TestEagles

TestEagles Practice Squad

Don't know if someone else answered but he's hurt and also a thumper. From what I know we need a ILB who's good in coverage and beckwith isn't that. Duke Riley isn't either but he also ran a 4.66 so there's potential

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

ah another Anti-Alabama circlejerk

McClain was crazy talented but has a few screws loose. Still put up some nice seasons. Bust but it wasn't because of his ability.

Hightower is a stud and everyone on here was begging to sign him just a month ago.

Mosley is a stud. A bit better than Hightower.

Ragland hasn't played yet.

So we're looking at one bust due to off-field issues but was a very good LB just, what, two years ago now? The leader of a defense that has won a couple Super Bowls. A 2x pro bowler who is already regarded a top LB in the league. A 2nd round pick that hasn't played yet.

Wow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar